BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Not that it hasn't been said before, but here are the extracts from my website just to add to the buzz etc

Warriors of Chaos Army Book, RRP: £30.00 - Our Price: £23.99
    The new hardback Warriors of Chaos Army Book gives you the complete low-down on the evil Warriors of Chaos, including fantastic backstory, artwork and all the stats you'll need to field your army against all challengers.

Battle Magic: Warriors of Chaos, RRP: £6.50 - Our Price: £5.99

Dragon Ogres, RRP: £35.00 - Our Price: £27.99
    The long awaited Chaos Dragon Ogres for Warhammer Fantasy. This multi-part plastic kit contains pieces to build three completely different Dragon Ogres in dynamic poses. The are three different weapon options, including additional hand weapons, each Dragon Ogre has a different "reptilian" body and there is choice for helmeted or bare heads for each. You can also use the elaborate helmet provided in order to denote a unit champion... Shartak.

Chaos Chariot, RRP: £25.00 - Our Price: £19.99
    What better way to tear your opponents to shred than leading the charge with a dreaded Chaos Chariot? Not only does this multi-part plastic kit give you everything you need to build one of these violent looking carriages, but there are also plenty of spare parts including two head options for the driver and six for the passenger with some specific to your chosen Chaos God, should you choose to have it as an exalted hero or Chaos Lord. There are also additional weapons and a cloak that can be given to the passenger.

Chaos Forsaken, RRP: £30.00 - Our Price: £23.99
    These warriors have devoted themselves to the Chaos Gods and through warfare and Chaos Wastes have ended up mutated and distorted. This multi-part plastic kit contains all sorts of mutations, too many to list! You'll get enough parts to build ten models, thats the easy part - the hard part is deciding which appendages, daemonic heads and the like to have per mini! There are even parts for specific Chaos Gods.

Slaughterbrute, RRP: £50.00 - Our Price: £39.99
    This beast could be described as pure muscle, capable of ravishing entire enemy units to shreds the Chaos Slaughterbrute is not to be misunderestimated. Choose from two different heads, meaning more variety if you want two of these beasts in your army. To find out more check out February 2013's copy of White Dwarf (number 398) for the 4-page pull-out photograph of a fantastically painted example.

Chaos Lord, RRP: £15.00 - Our Price: £12.99
    You'll need something to lead those vile Chaos armies into battle... Or perhaps you just want an awesome figure to paint? Either way, this Chaos Lord is a fantastic miniature.

Vilitch the Curseling, RRP: £15.00 - Our Price: £12.99
    Both a mighty warriors and a deadly wizard, Vilitch is a vile creature literally made up of two brothers fused in the name of Chaos. Vilitch would make an amazing centerpiece to your army.

Throgg, RRP: £36.00 - Our Price: £29.99
    Throgg, the King of Trolls is a huge violent looking creature whose weapon alone is taller than a standard Chaos warrior. He carries the Wintertooth Crown, a magical artifact that grants him command over his fellow beasts.

[url]http://www.greendragongames.co.uk/deals/pre-orders.html[/url]
    My Independent Stockist Store: www.greendragongames.co.uk
    10-30% off RRP of Games Workshop, Flames of War & Hobby Supplies.

Chapter-Master

Whilst your website does have good offers, this isn't really the place for advertising.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    I think the Forsaken will be popular with 40k players as well, simply for the bitz when making possessed. Current kit is good, but not so great for variety.
    I was thinking the same thing. There is so much random what the heck gribby madness going on with those Forsaken. Looks like a very fun kit to play around with! I also want to kit bash that big smashy nasty into a Maulerfiend.

And lol wat at that Tzeentch sorcerer dude with the what da fux arm guy. His arm man looks very unhappy with the main body. Yet its growing on me because of said randomness haha.
    Last edited by KrewL RaiN; 01-25-2013 at 08:49 PM.

Scout

Considering I paid $30 for the current book and have yet to play a game with it, I refuse to shell out another $50.
    $85 for a single plastic model? Outrageous.
    The Dragon Ogres do look pretty awesome, as does the chariot.
    The Character models are rather underwhelming. I was hoping for a nicer looking Cursling

Chaplain

Advanced orders are up and I has a sad face on the price of the [url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440004a&prodId=prod1870 062a[/url] For 100 dollars, how big is that thing? :<!

So looking at the Warriors of Chaos section on the GW site will show some of the new choices and where they fall. Well, as long as GW didn't just lump everything into certain sections to throw people off.

Unit moves that will be interesting if they prove true;

Forsaken are listed as CORE
    Chaos Chariots are listed as CORE
    Chimera are listed as SPECIAL (I was expecting Rare!)
    Warshines are SPECIAL (Was this true with the update a little while back?)

If true this would bulk out the Core section of Chaos Warriors quite a bit and give them some nice options from fast moving Chariots, durable warriors, horded marauders, fast cav horsemen, and damage dealing forsaken. Chimeras as special choices really caught me off guard. I know they aren't super special but depending on what (if any) upgrades they get I've found them pretty good flanking monsters in SoM games.
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by KrewL RaiN View Post
    Advanced orders are up and I has a sad face on the price of the [url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440004a&prodId=prod1870 062a[/url] For 100 dollars, how big is that thing? :<!
    To be fair, Feb's WD does make it look bigger than a maulerfiend. But I'm with you, $85 USD is about $15-$20 too high, although I'd still probably buy it from a discount source if it were also available for 40K Daemons...

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by The Sovereign View Post
    To be fair, Feb's WD does make it look bigger than a maulerfiend. But I'm with you, $85 USD is about $15-$20 too high, although I'd still probably buy it from a discount source if it were also available for 40K Daemons...
    Yeah, I love the model a lot, so I am hoping some other sources will make it less painful to purchase lol

Brother-Sergeant

I think Vilitch is the best of all the releases, but really agree that the prices have - for some reason - gone through the roof, without any explanation. Disappointing.
    My Independent Stockist Store: www.greendragongames.co.uk
    10-30% off RRP of Games Workshop, Flames of War & Hobby Supplies.

Chapter-Master

They do seem rather expensive. The big beastie combo kit seems pretty much comparable to the OK mammoth kit and yet is £14 more expensive. Unless it is significantly larger, I really can't see any justification for that.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast