BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Brother-Sergeant

I dare say it might soon be the straw that broke the camel's back with people refusing to buy new releases due to the unaffordability of them.
    My Independent Stockist Store: www.greendragongames.co.uk
    10-30% off RRP of Games Workshop, Flames of War & Hobby Supplies.

The Dark Mechanic

Every release now pushes the limits of pricing to new highs. GW no longer has any respect for its own price points for even two consecutive releases. Discounts barely give pricing that was full price just a few short years ago. The models are mostly pretty cool looking, but the pricing is absurd and fiendish. GW doesn't seem to be concerned with volume of sales on certain kits at all any longer.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

I can't see it being too much larger. It certainly doesn't look any larger than the OK mammoth in any of the pictures and it still has to fit on the 50x100 monster base that comes in the box.
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

I actually quite like that Vilitch miniature, it's quite weird and demented in a good way, the rest isn't really anything that personally appeals to me allthough it's nice to see Dragon ogres in plastic finally.

Quote Originally Posted by Brass Scorpion View Post
    Every release now pushes the limits of pricing to new highs. GW no longer has any respect for its own price points for even two consecutive releases. Discounts barely give pricing that was full price just a few short years ago. The models are mostly pretty cool looking, but the pricing is absurd and fiendish. GW doesn't seem to be concerned with volume of sales on certain kits at all any longer.
    Yeah I was just thinking the same thing. The discount's online sites give even at 30% just don't make the difference they used to for me, as they were just "last years prices", I've been priced out for well over a few years now though - luckily I still have plenty of stuff to assemble and paint! I'm sure glad nobody is forcing me to buy stuff - otherwise I'd be homeless in merely a few months.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Banned

Out of interest given GW seems to have pushed US customers to their limit with this release, I've run the figures and [URL="http://collegiatitanica.blogspot.com/2013/01/how-much-is-gw-ripping-you-off_27.html"]done some conversions on a bunch of GW products, comparing % markups on the UK price and so on[/URL]. The Slaughterbrute does seem to be priced above average for a US product.
    Last edited by Gotthammer; 01-26-2013 at 03:09 PM.

First-Captain

I hope the new CEO they get realize how Over priced these prices are. The company won't survive long term if they keep these prices up.
    For the Greater good.

As opposed to all their successful years of making a profit in one of the worst global recessions known to man? Yep. Defo doomed.

ANYWAYS! Cheap shots aside...

The more I see the Forsaken, the more I like them. So many groovy little bitz on them, and they're core. Very pleasing! Even if the price tag isn't.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    As opposed to all their successful years of making a profit in one of the worst global recessions known to man? Yep. Defo doomed.
    While they have been profitable, they have done so through overhead reduction and price increases, not through substantial volume or sales increases. Something to keep in mind, not a portent of doom, but not necessarily the sign of a thriving business.

The argument could be made that these prices reflect development expense and the fact that the sales of these kits will be low compared to other stuff. Honestly, I am not sure what to make of it, $85 for a plastic monster kit does seem to be pushing the envelope further than they have in the recent past.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678