BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default GW Half year results out:

[URL="http://investor.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Half-year-press-statement.pdf"]http://investor.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Half-year-press-statement.pdf[/URL]

Normally, some of the naysayers will post this, and try and say GW business model is failing and they'll be banging out heavy warjacks in Lenton before March. Unless of course everyone's codex gets a free update every hour, and prices are slashed by a factor of five.

This year, nothing. Will somebody please have a look and with their cunning business skills, tell us what it means?
    Last edited by Denzark; 01-18-2013 at 10:03 AM.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Chapter-Master

Ha I've had a look and everywhere money is up, including Australia - get on cobbers you know you love it.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Chapter-Master

Looks like they are incrementally better than the year before.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Looking pretty good!

And even better when you consider the state of the British high street.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Looking pretty good!

And even better when you consider the state of the British high street.
    I'm pretty sure nerd hobbies are recession proof. Nerds always have money to spend because we lack social lives, girlfriends, gym memberships etc
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

One could similarly infer as nerds are often noted for their booksmarts, we tend to have better paid jobs!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

True dat. Society shuns us, but we are the glue that holds them together.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    I'm pretty sure nerd hobbies are recession proof. Nerds always have money to spend because we lack social lives, girlfriends, gym memberships etc
    I resemble that remark.

"Incrementally better than the year before" isn't spectacular (but it is essential, and it's what they've been working on delivering - sustainable growth), and I'm sure someone out there will arrive and say it's "disappointing" and they should be doing better, but given how many major UK retail businesses have gone down the tubes very recently, I think they're doing pretty well.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

7.6% increase in revenue is fairly good, but a 16% increase in pre tax profits is very good. So GW seem to be doing well. However seeing as the CEO has just left with the usual "best of luck" from the board, I'd say the people thinking they could have done better were on the board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast