BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I agree that plasma is a tad expensive. Seeing that a ton of shots will fell most enimes and seeing that the list is mostly fodder I can spend those extra points on gear for the leaders. Now with the 500 point infantry spam list that Mr. Chumbayla is the chimeria really mandatory? I just needed an example, becasue for 55 points I could field some conscripts or get either a magetech or medistrom priest or some gear. Now waht are your oppions on the penal Legion?
    Also the infantry platoon is set up like this
    280 Points
    Infantry Platoon
    +Extra Squad
    +Extra Squad
    +Extra Squad
    If thats how its supposed to be set up, what gear for them Vox Casters and sniper rifles?
    Just some minor sqabbling.

Brother-Captain

Chimeras are extremely useful, but not necessary. If you want foot, go for it. You will lack the mobility of a mech list, but you've got plenty of guns and bodies to make up for it.

Conscripts I don't like much, since a normal guardsman is only 1 point more and gets you a lot more options (commissar squad upgrades, heavy/special weapons, Sgt weapons, voxes). Techpriests are meh, even less so if you have no tanks. Priests are ok for assault units, but they are expensive ICs that can be picked out. Penal Troops are fun, but ultimately they come in too small a unit size, are random, and infantry/vets just end up better.

Vox casters are useul, but not necessary. Orders are a handy bonus, not really worth dropping a ton of points into. Infantry squads should have autocannons or lascannons. Snipers are only really useful en masse, so a single gun isn't very good.

ok!
    but the set up that I just posted about the infantry platoon is ok I was just trying to translate what you were thinking when you typed up the 500 infantry spam list.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12