BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 'Interestingly' themed models

Do you ever get the urge to do some creative modeling? I was just thinking of working up a couple of dreadnaughts to look like Cheech & Chong.
    Perhaps a low rider rhino to boot?

Brother-Captain

El Camino Monster Truck as a Rhino would fit well. I've done some theme stuff, but nothing that off the wall.

Chapter-Master

Oh yes. I don't always do them as I do like my models to fit into the 40k ethos, but off the top of my head;

Deffkopta with a buzzsaw very similar to the one in 'The World is Not Enough' hanging underneath.

Stompa with a top hat (go down to the Miniatures, Hobby and Project Lounge and look for the Terarr-Attak Stompa)

I have a grot riding a bigbomm, very much Dr Strangelove style

Da Buzzmork. Think Avengers'/Captain Scarlet's/Sky Captain's flying aircraft carrier or a Tau Manta, as interpretted by Orks.

Many more idea that have yet to be immortalised in plastic as well. My advice, if you want to do it, grab the plasticard, green stuff and whatever and get on with it. Head down to the Miniatures, Hobby and Project Lounge, look for some inspiration then post some pics of your creation for us all to revel in and draw inspiration from in turn!
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Brother-Sergeant

Get the urge yes. Actually commit expensive resources and time to, no.

I'm forever seeing films and TV shows and reading books and thinking about turning it into a 40k army.
    When the Transformers movie came out it triggered a lot of nostalgia and I spent too long trying to work out if I could make an Autobots army from the Daemons codex using two Greater Daemons and 3 of the deamon equivalents of Defilers whose name escapes me momentarily. I was thinking of making "The Cube" into a chaos artefact that had crashed onto a Forgeworld.

More recently, my partner was watching a TV show called Grimm which works on the premise that fairy tales are actually lessons about human/animal shape shifters that live amongst humans in secret and started thinking about a renegade marine chapter based on the same concept.

I have never got close to the realm of the Hello Kitty marines though!
    By the way, 40K isn't racist or sexist. Everyone's equally ****ed. - Mellissia

Banned

Not myself as such, at least not yet. I have a fandex I'm slowly putting together, so when it's close to complete, I'll start modelling it. Basically Gundam Wing meets Tau Battlesuits run by humans.

But [URL="http://z8.invisionfree.com/herdstone/index.php?showtopic=24736"]Mayajid [/URL]over at Herdstone has a great one making a Space Beastmen army. Beastmen in power armour running as Space Wolves. The conversion are absolutely amazing, and totally regret how my Chaos Marine army is built.

Chapter-Master

My friend Triumphus has a Biker-gang and Dukes of Hazzard themed Ork mega-armor nobz list thats absolutely gorgeous and hilarious.

Chapter-Master

I once converted a Necron (and his pet scarab) to the chaos god Malal (or Malice as he is known now)

Does that count?
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Battle-Brother

There used to be some interesting ones with the old Eldar dreadnought model

Shas'o

I have a DeadPool Space marine. He's running into battle with two chainswords.
    When you do something right people wont be sure that you've done anything at all.

Banned

I just remembered one I did. Not terribly imaginative, but I was on my fourth or fifth Crisis Suit, and I was getting bored. So I figured these guys are the Gun-Fu masters of the Tau, and built him in the middle of doing a side-flip, Matrix-style. I got a lot of , but it always got a second look.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast