BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: How does interceptor work for mortis dreadnoughts?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • The dreadnought can use the interceptor rule if it was stationary in its last turn.

5 83.33%
  • The dreadnought can use the interceptor rule if it remains stationary in its next turn.

1 16.67%
  • This rule is so badly worded I don’t know how it works.

0 0%
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default How do mortis dreadnoughts work?

I’m thinking of using a mortis dreadnought but am a bit confused by the rules. In the Forge World Imperial Armour Sixth Edition Vehicle Updates it states that “When stationary gains the Skyfire and Interceptor special rule”. Given that interceptor takes place in the opposing player’s turn how does this work?
    Last edited by mysterex; 01-19-2013 at 12:12 AM.

Librarian

It is easier to work out if your are the second player in that game turn. You stay stationary and if you intercept an enemy reserve unit in the enemies turn (first player) you are forced to not move in the movement phase (dreadnoughts rules) and can not shoot in your turn (2nd player) - (intercept rule - your next turn), but can run or even assault the unit you shot at in your turn, and can shoot any weapon that was not used to intercept fire.

If you go first player, then you must remain stationary in order to get the sky fire and intercept rules for that turn. I am unsure if you then forgo your shooting in your shooting phase in order to intercept any enemy reserves that arrive in their turn (2nd player), maybe just the weapon you want to intercept with. When you use the intercept rule however, you can not shoot that weapon you used for intercept firing your next turn as well because of the intercept rule. That means you could move, run and assault in the next turn if you wanted and use other weapons not used to intercept..

It makes it an annoying unit to have on the field. because you have to keep track of whether you have moved it, and which weapons it has used for intercept (it can take a cyclone missile launcher in addition to its twin linked main weapons load out.

That is what I have worked out from looking at its rules and the interceptor/skyfire rules.
    The world is Chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms. Certa Cito

The way we've been playing it is if in your movement phase, it doesn't move, it gains Skyfire and Interceptor until the next movement phase, because we reasoned it gains those rules by bracing its self and scanning the skies, so its locked in place while it does that, having it stomping across the field, firing off shots at a flyer and then having to stand still after it shot down the flyer didn't seem right to us

It's quite simple. If it stands still, it gains both Interceptor along with its Skyfire so that it still has the option to shoot at ground units if it really wants to (otherwise once immobilised it would be stuck with its weapons pointed skyward).

To this particular unit, Interceptor provides no particular benefit in the enemy turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    It's quite simple. If it stands still, it gains both Interceptor along with its Skyfire so that it still has the option to shoot at ground units if it really wants to (otherwise once immobilised it would be stuck with its weapons pointed skyward).

To this particular unit, Interceptor provides no particular benefit in the enemy turn.

Ah i hadn't thought about that part of Interceptor

My question is : Can it be used on turn 1? For example It's turn one , you lost the roll off / seize the initiative and your opponent uses a drop-pod . Can the Mortis use it's interceptor rule?

Veteran-Sergeant

I would think because it hasn't moved that yes it you would gain it