BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Dark Mechanic

Default New Advance Orders: Fortress of Redemption & other sets

The following new items are [URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/blogPost.jsp?aId=5100022a#"]available for pre-order as of today[/URL]:

- The Fortress of Redemption (aka "Indomitable Fortress") ($99.00)
    - Ork Megaforce ($200.00)
    - Space Marine Megaforce ($175.00)
    - Orcs and Goblins Brigade ($190.00)
    - Empire Brigade ($190.00)
    - Citadel Realm of Battle Gameboard Extension ($90.75)
    - Imperial Warzone: game board and scenery bundle ($748.50)

and the Lord of the Rings Legion of the Eye models that have been available for pre-order for some time, 9 different sets, are released tomorrow, Oct. 24.

The Fortress of Redemption set contains one multi-part plastic Fortress of Redemption scenery piece. This 91-piece set includes a twin-linked lascannon interceptor gun, two heavy bolters and a missile silo. The main tower stands 14" high and the whole kit is 24" wide when measured annex to annex.

Last edited by Brass Scorpion; 10-23-2009 at 08:58 AM.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Well, relatively speaking, those are quite decent discounts off the list price. Ork Megaforce at $200 is a $263.75 list price package. Pretty good deal if you're trying to beef up with Warbikes = 75.83% of list price. Urge to accidentally purchase more Orks rising...

If those are regular scouts, that's 229 worth for a 175 list price for the space marine set (if they have sniper rifles, that's 234). So either 76.42% or 74.79% of list price.
    Last edited by Groat; 10-23-2009 at 09:36 AM.

The Dark Mechanic

The scouts are sniper scouts in that Space Marine box deal. These new boxed army bundle deals do have a significant discount on them. These are the first new bundle deals since the last round of "Apocalypse" deals dried up nearly a year ago. Hopefully, they won't be the last.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

That fortress of redemption looks awesome. I can't wait to see it used in a game of planetstrike.

Battle-Brother

These new sets are awesome. I wish I didn't already have enough Orks to choke a... well a Carnifex! I'd be getting that box too!

That fortress is very cool....

Have to rework the fortress into a Black templars fortress.
    Thats just too cool

Veteran-Sergeant

The Fortress is über-cool (who needs a new codex with this fortress????). But i'm "dissapointed" with the "new" modules for the battle board, they're the same modules as in the board, no new desings...

Default Fortress

I think I need 3.

Been waiting for this since Planetstrike came out. It was obviously a new terrain piece.

Something to do in December.

Alec

Veteran-Sergeant

That fortress is being pre ordered now !

Brother-Sergeant

Hmm integration ideas with the old bastions.....old bastions as a level one base with this baby on top?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast