BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Sergeant

Default wich of my armies should i bring to the campaine

Our club is running the Crusade of Fire campaign soon and the opening bid is an arena fight with a 200 pnt limit for your HQ .

now that's leaves out my spacewolves "the good heroes are over 200 pnts" , orks "mine arn't competitive" and guard "anyone i trow in the arena is going to go splat "sorry Yarrick".

My ultramarines are my biggest army and i have most Space marine Heroes available to me , My Gray knight could be made competitive easy and i have every hero .
    Next up are my fledgeling Death Guard chaos army , i was thinking of a Nurgle lord with the murderer sword riding a palanquin of nurgle making him one tough SOB , my other option is to trow in Kharn "the guy is a one man wrecking crew"

Last up is a Deathwing baced army with Belial , am using the Dark angle dex to represent my first company veterans .

Any advice would be appreciated , once the campaign start , am committed to playing with that army and Hero .

If you have Space Marines then I would strongly recommend Lysander. He is one of the best characters for 200 pts, and will do very well in an arena fight.

If you are going to use him for regular play as well, joining him to a unit of Sternguard in a Drop Pod is a great delivery option. This enables you to make the best use of his Bolter Drill rule, and nobody will want to charge that unit as it contains Lysander! His ability to Bolster Defences is also very useful for Scouts or Devastators.

Hope that helps!

Brother-Sergeant

Lysander would definitely bring the hammer to an arena fight , thanks for the suggestion.

I was considering doing a Dark angel death wing stile build , or going chaos and Trow Karn in the ring and let him do what he does best.

Deathwing would be fun, but Khorne is always more fun! Seriously, some of the best games of 40k and Fantasy I have ever played were with my Khorne army.

Kharne is not too resilient, though. Neither is Belial. For the arena fight Lysander wins hands down.