Hey, my first 'proper' post on BoLS!

Here is my question:

How should the text on vehicles firing Ordnance be read?

People seem to be reading it that if a vehicle fires an Ordnance weapon, they can only snap fire other weapons, but this makes many sponson and hull weapons for tanks useless, because they can't be fired in the same shooting phase as the Ordnance weapon.

The heavy vehicle rule says that a vehicle with this rule always counts as stationary when shooting. This doesn't gel well with the Ordnance rule.

An example of this would be a Demolisher with two Plasma Cannon Sponsons and a Heavy Flamer in the hull. If it fires the Demolisher Cannon in the turret, then none of the other weapons can fire. Ever. This makes no sense.

My thinking is that, because the text on vehicles firing Ordnance talks about vehicles being able to move and fire Ordnance weapons, that what it intends is that other weapons are reduced to snap firing only if the vehicle fires Ordnance whilst moving, and of stationary there are no ill effects of firing ordnance on other shooting.

This then gives the Heavy Vehicle rule value, because a tank with this rule is then allowed to move and fire at full effect, but it's full speed is restricted because it is Heavy.

What do we think?