BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: The Cabal

Default The Cabal

So in alot of the HH series we hear about the cabal through snippets and by the perpetuals which leads us to beg for more information.

My Question is, where are they and what are they upto in the 41st millenium. Are they gone and or defeated, have they decided to go on a club 18-30 holiday for the immortal? what?

Sorry if this has come up before btw and thanks for any info.

I can't think of any fluff that indicates what happened to them or what they could be up to in 40k. What follows is pure speculation.

Given that the Cabal believes that the extinction of humanity is necessary to defeat chaos, they could be behind any of the various threats to the Imperium. Perhaps they sent the Tyranids to do what meddling in the Heresy failed to do?

I would also presume that if they still exist they have some contact with the Harlequins and the Black Library.

They could still be connected in some way to the Alpha Legion. But that relationship, fragile from the start, seems to be deteriorating in the HH series.

Given their secrecy, and the "long view" time scales they operate on, it may not even be noteworthy that 10,000 years have passed for the Imperium without the Cabal playing any obvious, visible role.