BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Which places might these be? I've lived in Orange County for a couple decades and the bunker was the only store locally I know I know of that had more than 2 or 3 tables. Would be nice to have an alternative, and if that alternative allowed non GW games than even better.

I hear there is a pretty serious shop out in Pasadena. GMI games in riverside is pretty deece. nice shop owner, pretty ok crowd. good mix of games. but that shop is still a 45 min trip for me. i wish there was something in redlands. i was so disappointed when i discovered comic Quest was basically a graphic novel/sticker shop only. I'd still put dragon's lair ATX as one of the best all around stores i've ever been in. IN MY LIFE.

Comic quest has a pretty decent games section now with WM GW a bunch of battletech minis and all the random other crap you'd expect (malifaux, infinity, reaper etc) and they have run a few fun small tournaments. But yeah they have no dedicated game tables during normal business hours.

Unfortunately I'm closer to south OC than north so the bunker was a little bit a drive for me and Pasadena or the like is just out of the question.

Chapter-Master

What if GW thought the customers were screwing them over? The Battle Bunker Denizens come in, leave crap everywhere the staff have to spend time cleaning up, stink the place out thus discouraging new customers from Mums and Dads who want a creative hobby for little Timmy but see a load of sweaty geeks. It costs power and resources. And then the sales revenues are crap because, much as people claim loyalty to FLGS, they are NOT repeat NOT buying direct from store out of loyalty for the gift of tables. They go home and buy from internet shops like the rest of us. So actually the shop is now efficient in terms of outlay to return. Good business sense.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Zeshin View Post
    Which places might these be? I've lived in Orange County for a couple decades and the bunker was the only store locally I know I know of that had more than 2 or 3 tables. Would be nice to have an alternative, and if that alternative allowed non GW games than even better.
    Well, if you are in South OC, there is a Game Empire in San Diego. Closer than Pasadena. Both of those stores are better than the Bunker, imho.

The best place to play is in Santa Monica. A real haul for you.
    It takes a big hammer to drive a big nail.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    What if GW thought the customers were screwing them over? The Battle Bunker Denizens come in, leave crap everywhere the staff have to spend time cleaning up, stink the place out thus discouraging new customers from Mums and Dads who want a creative hobby for little Timmy but see a load of sweaty geeks. It costs power and resources. And then the sales revenues are crap because, much as people claim loyalty to FLGS, they are NOT repeat NOT buying direct from store out of loyalty for the gift of tables. They go home and buy from internet shops like the rest of us. So actually the shop is now efficient in terms of outlay to return. Good business sense.
    The Sydney and Parramatta (NSW , Australia) Battle Bunkers have 2 sections. one for general gaming with between 4 and 5 tables, the other half is where the store, hobby and demonstration games are held. The gamers were generally pretty good about putting their rubbish in the bins provided. Mind you I have not been to either store for about a year or more.
    The world is Chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms. Certa Cito

Veteran-Sergeant

Thank goodness we still have all of the Privateer Press hobby centers! We'll show GW by never going to their stupid, downsized stores again!

Oh, wait.....Privateer Press and the other game companies expect us to find our models at local shops and online and then find our own places to play. Why does everyone expect GW to spoon feed us our chosen hobby and provide us everything we need(including a location and friends) to play?

Chapter-Master

Because........
    GW is SATAN!
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    Because........
    GW is SATAN!
    No; Satan has a plan. GW is Shub-Niggurath, “The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Furious View Post
    Thank goodness we still have all of the Privateer Press hobby centers! We'll show GW by never going to their stupid, downsized stores again!

Oh, wait.....Privateer Press and the other game companies expect us to find our models at local shops and online and then find our own places to play. Why does everyone expect GW to spoon feed us our chosen hobby and provide us everything we need(including a location and friends) to play?
    Oddly enough most gaming stores I buy at provide ample (up to 10x as much) gaming area as a GW store. Ample Privateer goes on there as does Warhammer (40K and Fantasy). It seems to me that game stores seem to understand the connection between providing ample gaming space and sales. Go figure.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast