BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chapter-Master

Default Reserves and dedicated transports

Can you reserve Rhino DTs, but the troops choice that 'owns' them starts on the table? Thinking of not giving away easy first blood when going second...
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Yes, absolutely. Page 78 and page 121, which contain the dedicated transport deployment rules, still allow dedicated transports to be deployed empty and separate from "their" unit.

Chapter-Master

Though, tactically speaking, if you aren't up for dealing with the challenges of a playing mech and finding ways to protect those transports, why aren't you just playing a foot list?
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Well, depending on the placement of terrain and objectives, turn order, and enemy disposition, leaving them off the board can be a totally valid way to protect them.

Chapter-Master

Meh. Just one point. If you cannot recover from one point, the game was either a loss or at best a tie.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Chapter-Master

I am finding it hard with Chaos Space Marines, to get enough boots on the ground at 1500pts. I don't like cultist hordes with a fearless HQ, I like traitor marines. I can't seem to hold more than 1 objective in any scenario and I'm seeing a lot of draws decided on second objs. I smash them all over the table and some half arsed jump denial unit line breakers me.

I am clearly hung up from my mech assault list in 5th where my berzerkers were awesome, to needing to run a more shooty shooty. So in terms of Game, whilst the entire game I will try and kill enemy scoring units whilst moving to objectives, turn 1 I want to maximise the chance of first blood - and keep an eye open for warlord etc. Tynskel I'm glad your cron air nob bikers is meaning you never need that 1 point, I really am.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.