BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

I'm really pleased with the Kurganova box set ('specially Charlie!) and if these new mini's are going to be anything close, looks and quality-wise, I'll be very happy to get involved.

The only thing I'm not so sure about is the size.They seem a bit... petite, but I guess I'm just far to used to GW's caricatured chunkiness. That being said, I think the newer GW sculpts are heading in a better direction and maybe we'll start to see more 'realistically' scaled models from them.

Back to my OP, roll on RH and keep knocking out the goods. I'll be following this with great anticipation.
    I : IX, I : XIV, II : DCLXVI

Apparently the first Kickstarter campaign should be starting in February.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I havent really had a lok at the raging heroes stuff before until i saw this thread and must say i like their minis. So i have gone ahead and ordererd a Kapitan Ivanka Kurganova because she has that cool gunblade looking thing. I think i will help back this project when it goes live and start a IG army based around them nothing too big though. When Kapitan Ivanka Kurganova ill be sure to post pics of here painteed in the painted section of the forum.

Blood Vestal cavalry? BLOOD VESTAL CAVALRY?! *froths at mouth and flails excitedly*

A few hings from the RH blawg:

Please give us a time estimate. I need to budget accordingly.
    The "Rambettes/Kurganova" Kickstarter is currently planned for February, with an ending in late March. If all goes well, the rest should follow in turn.
    Dark Elves Army – Spear and xbows infantry, harpies, dark riders, heroes & lords, cauldron (or some kind of sacrifice altar), Pegasus would be more than welcome.
    Yes indeed! More of less all of that is in the works…
    Is the dark pegasus among the units shelved or part of production? Please be the latter as its the model I’ve most anticipated for the last two years.
    You can rest easy ;-) The reason we have not yet released it is because it made more sense to release it as part of the Kickstarter. Also, we know that many gamers use several Pegasus with different types of riders in their armies. And so, if you feel that you might want two different models of Pegasus, tell us and we'll see if this is doable…
    Read the rest [URL="http://www.ragingheroes.com/blogs/news/7270128-q-a-on-upcoming-kickstarters-part-1"]here[/URL]. That's not a suggestion. Go read it now. *cracks whip*

Hm Blood Vestal cosplay...

Edit: This is the sorceress on pegasus:
    Last edited by eldargal; 02-01-2013 at 01:25 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Veteran-Sergeant

Is she riding side saddle like a proper lady or jumping off? Really nice looking model though, nice to see the same effort gone into making the steed look great as well as the rider.

Riding side saddle I think, which makes it even more awesome.

Veteran-Sergeant

Flying around on a winged horse while staying classy..... yea that's awesome.

Veteran-Sergeant

I don't really see the need for a Dark Elf riding a pegasus when there's already a perfectly suitable, well sculpted Morathi model.

Oops... forgot to write *employ sarcasm* at the beginning. Hateful model.

Loving the RH peggy, though it does look like it's really enjoying itself...

Chapter-Master

I'm pretty sure that she was riding side saddle but is now in the process of falling off the horse as there is no way she would stay on horse whose back end is rearing up that much
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Veteran-Sergeant

[URL="http://www.ragingheroes.com/blogs/news/7275050"]News[/URL]

A couple of bits that caught my eye.

Multi-part metal models are always a mystery. Some will instantly glue and hold forever. Others seem to have a mind of their own. Plastic is indeed part of the plan and will take care of this issue.

Regarding the "Rambettes", the heroines will definitely be somewhat tongue-in-cheek, Tarentino-esque characters. Some of them being really sexy, other more rough and masculine…
    The rank-and-file will be a bit more toned down and as they will be multi-part minis, you will probably be able to customize them as you wish to fit your own style.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast