BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Scout

Default Chaos Lord Khufor the Impaler

I just finished this model tonight and figured I would toss up a couple pictures. I have a ton of forge world models to paint but I figured I would start with Khufor, because I love this model

Excuse my photo skills, I am lacking in that area.

Veteran-Sergeant

Looks good!

I would never buy FW because I wouldnt do their quality justice. You sure have! the Brass could be dulled. Honestly , no probs here.
    http://www.heresy-online.net/daemons/adoptables/10912-dchingus.htm
    Please help my lil buddy by a lil clicky click

Brother-Sergeant

Good job, mate!

I can't wait to get mine done up. I'm painting too much stuff on consignment right now, but I'll post mine too when it is finished.

Isn't it Lord Zhulfor, I not khulfor

Looks good, i am also going to be painting up my termi lord pretty soon as well.

Veteran-Sergeant

What a horrid job painting, only a sissy boy plays Khorne when everyone knows the true chaos powers are Nurgle and Slaanesh!

Great job my friend, you did this model justice now I cant wait to meet him in hand to hand combat on the battlefield!

Scout

Thanks all! And yes it is Zhufor, not Khufor... I must have misplaced my Z key.

MajorSOB, you will see him and all his friends very soon. We are starting up the apocalypse campaign soon!

Very nice model there, do you have a special way of painting brass as I can't seem to get it to cover well unless I use many coats and then it's too thick and clogs the detail.
    (I use GW brass paint BTW)
    Last edited by Portal-Lord; 10-28-2009 at 04:59 PM.

Scout

The brass can be hard to get to coat well. I try and water it down and use a good brush. i used GW brazzen brazz and then added a highlight of burnished gold. then seipia ink. A soft brush helps so the bristles don't drag the paint off the primer coat.

I'll pick up the Seipia Ink next time i'm out as it may be what I am missing. Thanks for the tip!
    “The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time.” - Lorgar, Primarch of the Word Bearers