BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default 13th Tallarn Armored Company - 1500 pts.

Hey Everyone,

Here's the IG army I finally(!) finished so that I could take it to a tourney on Saturday. I present to you the 13th Tallarn Armored Company, under Colonel Lawrence.

HQ
    205 CCS w/4 x Melta, Astropath, Fleet Officer, Chimera (Hull Heavy Flamer)

Elites
    65 Marbo (Shiv from the old Last Chancers Set)

Troops
    155 Veteran Squad w/3 x Melta, Chimera (Hull Heavy Flamer)
    170 Veteran Squad w/3 x Plasma, Chimera (Hull Heavy Flamer)

Fast Attack
    120 3 Scout Sentinels w/Autocannons
    145 Hellhound w/Hull Multi-Melta

Heavy Support

165 Leman Russ Battle Tank w/Hull Lascannon
    165 Leman Russ Demolisher w/Hull Heavy Flamer

1500 Total

More pics and detailed descriptions of the conversions can be found on my blog at:

[url]http://theback40k.blogspot.com/2009/10/tallarn-13th-companypainted.html[/url]

Enjoy!

Beautiful work. Very impressive.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Chaplain

Very, Very Nice! great work!
    May I ask what are those Sentinals based on?
    Regards Barry H. "the Emperor Protects!"

Chaplain

They're old, old, metal Sentinels. Nice job making classic models blend seamlessly into your force!

Brother-Sergeant

That is an impressive army. You have really put lots of effort into this and it shows. I like how they are commanded by Colonel Lawrence... He wouldn't happen to be "of Arabia" would he?
    Are all of the gaurdsmen old models? I can't help but wonder where you got all of the towelheads!
    For themed and fluffy armies you get an A+!
    When there is no peril in the fight there is no glory in the triumph. Pierre Corneille(M2)

Brother-Captain

Just commenting on your paint job. Very impressive. I always love to see a fully painted guard army! Great work!
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by rsheridan5 View Post
    That is an impressive army. You have really put lots of effort into this and it shows. I like how they are commanded by Colonel Lawrence... He wouldn't happen to be "of Arabia" would he?
    Are all of the gaurdsmen old models? I can't help but wonder where you got all of the towelheads!
    For themed and fluffy armies you get an A+!
    Lawrence of Arabia? Damn straight!

Along with Paul the Astropath.

The fleet officer is new enough that I haven't decided on a catchy name for him yet. Any ideas? It needs to be properly pompous and condescending, while referencing a movie character in some way.

And yes, all of the guardsmen are old 2nd Edition Tallarn models. Except for Lawrence who's a conversion from a Forge World tank commander. I got most of these back in 1998-01 during the change-over to 3rd edition, but you can still buy them at ridiculous prices from the IG collectors section of the GW website. Though eBay is more reasonable if you're patient.

Last edited by SandWyrm; 10-26-2009 at 09:05 AM. Reason: added close-up

Battle-Brother

Thank you for posting these excellent photos! This is very inspiring work. There is plenty of theory and mathhammer on BOLS, but when someone commits to a list, builds buys and collects the models and does such a nice job with the painting and composition, it brightens my day. Thanks again, and have fun at the tournament!

Battle-Brother

i will have to agree thats a fantastic army. although it doesnt seem like much, i really like the display board (even though your army isnt correctly displayed). seems like it would help while preparing for a tourney or some such thing. i think there was an article about a checklist or some such thing here a month or two ago. anyways, two thumbs up for you!

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by the drake View Post
    i will have to agree thats a fantastic army. although it doesnt seem like much, i really like the display board (even though your army isnt correctly displayed). seems like it would help while preparing for a tourney or some such thing. i think there was an article about a checklist or some such thing here a month or two ago. anyways, two thumbs up for you!
    True, it's really only a carry-board, to help move the models between tables. And it's still marked up for the old gun line army I was running prior to the new codex. But I'll at least get it painted before the next tourney. There were some very lovely display boards at this tourney, so I'll have to step it up a notch for next time.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast