BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

@Chronowraith. Thank ye! I actually went with the classic Nomad scheme at first but it just didn't work out for me. Although I do love it. But yes, i'm enjoying the Japanese Sectorial right now, who have retained the traditional red, white and black but with a few tweaks.

@Archimbald. The white is really simple, its just Dheneb Stone base, 50/50 mix with skull white for first highlight and then pure white to finish. I haven't tried the new replacement/update for Dheneb Stone, but trust it would work just as well.
    Gamer • Painter • Designer • Englishman
    http://levitas-master-artificer.blogspot.com

Scout

Hey Levitas,

I really love the color scheme on you nomad force. Looking forward to more.

Ok, finally got my second faction for Infinity underway. A Yu Jing Sectorial, the Japanese!

Where as my Nomads are tricksters and camo loving vagabonds, the Japanese are a fast aggressive force comprising of Samurai, Ninjas and Bikes. Choosing to go Sectorial this time I am limited to certain units (the Japanese ones...), but I get access to link teams.

I had a few options here, but chose the Haramaki who are “youngsters eager for glory and prestige who follow the path of the Samurai for the wrong reasons.”. Which is superb, and I really love the models too. These guys are pricy though, so I opted for the minimum link team size of 3, which is enough to give them a buff in the reactive phase. Hence the missile launcher, heh heh.

Color wise, I tossed around several ideas but kept coming back to the classic red, white and black. But unlike my Nomads I will be using these colors in varying ways. The Ninjas will be primarily crimson red, the noble Domaru white, and the reckless Aragoto bikers will be black. For the Haramaki I switched the studio theme and went for a different red, with sparks of icy white and blue detail.

Much like my Nomads these are just above table top standard, choosing to 'get them done' rather than spend hours with layer upon layer of highlights.

Hope you guys like em anyways, more from the JSA soon. I'm thinking bikes...

More Yu Jing Japanese Sectorial action! The Aragoto with Spitfire.

This was a cool model to paint I have to say. I love all things speed related and the Aragoto are definitely one of the units that helped pull me to this sectorial.

This guy is the first of two. Who I gave a darker tone compared to my Haramaki link team. I wanted to pick up on the fluff of these reckless speed junkies, so kept them mainly black with red trim - no whites.

In Kabuki theatre, “Aragoto” means “rude performance”, a theatrical style employing dynamic and exaggerated movements in the representation of fearless and courageous heroes. And it is true that the Aragoto, mounted on their powerful, purring machines, personify the ideal character of their namesake, becoming champions of the asphalt.

Scout

Very Nice!!!!

Awesome... even if your color scheme is playing tricks on me. I keep looking at them and my brain wants them to be Nomads.

Wonderful job and I especially like the Aragoto. Have you fielded the sectoral army yet in a game? If so, how do you feel about it? After I finish my Nomads and Haqqislam stuff I'm trying to decide between Yu-Jing (which is actually the faction that first drew me to Infinity) and Aleph.
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chronowraith View Post
    Awesome... even if your color scheme is playing tricks on me. I keep looking at them and my brain wants them to be Nomads.

Wonderful job and I especially like the Aragoto. Have you fielded the sectoral army yet in a game? If so, how do you feel about it? After I finish my Nomads and Haqqislam stuff I'm trying to decide between Yu-Jing (which is actually the faction that first drew me to Infinity) and Aleph.
    Ha ha, yeah I guess the Nomad scheme got out in the end!

I'm yet to play a game with these, mostly as my Nomads are gearing up for a tourny this weekend so I have been getting play time with that list. I'm itching to get them into action though.

My JSA is definitely a fast and aggressive build compared to the Nomads. Less trickery, but more durability and hitting power. They are great models, and I feel JSA is an iconic Infinity force. It's almost a right of passage to play them. Ninjas, bikes, samurai. Love it.

I love the high contrast bright colors you use, every miniature just jumps out of the screen. The teal and purple on the Nomads looks amazing. What's the source on your bases, or did you make them yourself?

First-Captain

I really like your bikes buddy.
    I'm looking forward to the new bike models.

Brother-Sergeant

love the colours!! bright and flashy just like infinity needs

Brilliant

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12