BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Battle-Brother

You may as well lock it. There is no concrete answer, just speculation, which is what I figured initially. I wasn't trying to irk people, just curious. Like I said, I like ambiguities. Did I pick the right hobby or what? Keep that playtesting to a minimum GW!

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by BuFFo View Post
    its nto in the book because its common sense.

If the model is only a pair of wings, then that IS what the model IS. Now, the model would need, as per the rules, ornaments, like another par of majestic wings, otherwise the model itself IS the torso
    No one is saying that the model is JUST a pair of wings. Its a MODEL with wings surrounding it. I don't understand why this is so hard for ur mind to grasp. Just because you can ONLY see the wings that does not mean that the wings become the body.. There is a model inside there and reaper made a fine point. Maybe you can see a tiny bit of the back of the model like Reaper said.

Also it does not say in the rulebook that wings have to be spread out. They are still an ornament if wrapped around the body. One can even say that the unit is much like a bat. the wings are surrounding it or some kinda vampire that wants to look " spooky " just because wings are spread out most of the time does not mean they have to be spread out. You are simply taking the rules and trying to make them work for you by making statements that make no sense.

in threory yes this does work but you would get punched in the face pretty fast.

Chapter-Master

It doesn't take a degree in 40k to understand the designer intent here. Wings are not counted as part of the body if they are ornamental and spread out, like all GW wings are sculpted as. All of them. Without exception.

I can simply go to the 'Most Important Rule' and call shenanigans on this whole debate. If you are trying to create a model that cannot be killed through 'clever' modeling, then you are breaking the spirit of the game. Pure and simple. No tournament would allow this, and no opponent with half a brain would allow it either.

I understand the wit in trying to bring this type of 'discussion' here, but please, save this kind of flame bait discussions for other forums.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Evil Midnight Bomber

I think the consensus is go ahead and lock it. No offense to anyone, but there's nowhere else for this discussion to go.

Locking.
    Oh lord I've got 'em, I've got the...
    ...it's a blog. Read it!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123