BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by BuFFo View Post
    If all the model is is a pair of wings, then yes, it is the torso. That is that the model is.
    Think about that, and the meaning of each word in relation to each other, when you realise why I said this you can post again

Quote Originally Posted by BuFFo View Post
    No it isn't.
    Why do you think your allowed decide what other people find interesting
    In cog we trust

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    Why do you think your allowed decide what other people find interesting
    You are right. I shouldn't have said that.

Think about that, and the meaning of each word in relation to each other, when you realise why I said this you can post again

Woah wait a second... I can't tell you if 'something is entertaining', but then you go ahead and feel the need to give me permission to post again?

LOL

Knee deep hypocrisy and irony aside.... A model that is just a wing(s) is a model with NO ornamental additions, as per the rules, so yes, the model can be shot at.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Battle-Brother

Okay. For the sake of further argument (I love a good debate and hope no one takes things personally), suppose that you can see a sliver of the torso in the very back of the model between a tiny gap between the wings (say 1/4" gap about 3/4' away from the torso, so a VERY tiny part of the table can see the torso).

So, not completely invisible, but functionally so.

Veteran-Sergeant

By this rationale, except for a few Tyranids and manly Catachans, you can't see any model's torso. Oh, sure, you can see the armor or uniform they're wearing over their torso, but you can't actually see their body, can you?

Therefore, my Space Marines are invisible. Thank you for the Rogue Trader statue.

Battle-Brother

An interesting take....

Battle-Brother

I think people are kinda missing the whole point of this Thread..

Some people are saying If you have wings around the whole model that the wings become the torso... I don't remember anything like that in the Rule book..

Its like saying if I put an apple in a box that the box becomes an apple. The box is still a box. It just has an apple in it much like the wings are still wings.

If you follow logic and RAW then ya it would work. it follows all logic that it would work people just don't like the idea so they make up reasons for it to not work in there head...

GrandReaper is not bringing up this because he is going to do it.... he is just a guy who likes to figt and annoy people. I should know. I know him in real life lol.

1: if anyone did this in a fun game then they would get laughed at and told to go screw themselfs.
    2: if anyone did this in a tourny the judge would laugh and kick them out of it or say to bad..

ppl need to lighten up and relax.. You live longer...

Veteran-Sergeant

ppl need to lighten up and relax.. You live longer...
    16 posts..............

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lancefireball View Post
    I think people are kinda missing the whole point of this Thread..

Some people are saying If you have wings around the whole model that the wings become the torso... I don't remember anything like that in the Rule book..
    its nto in the book because its common sense.

If the model is only a pair of wings, then that IS what the model IS. Now, the model would need, as per the rules, ornaments, like another par of majestic wings, otherwise the model itself IS the torso.

That would be the same as creating nothing but gun drones for an adeptus mechanicus army, then claiming the drones have no body since they aren't 'human'. They are only guns.

If you follow logic and RAW then ya it would work. it follows all logic that it would work people just don't like the idea so they make up reasons for it to not work in there head...
    Sometime, in a non tournament HOBBY, common sense overrides raw. If all the model is is a pair of wings, or a gun turret, before the game you and your opponent decides what the 'torso' is. If he doesn't want the model to have a torso as per the rules, then per real life he won't get a game. Simple. He can watch two other people play on the table. Maybe eat one of those apples you mentioned.

Simply put, a discussion like this is just a post count modifier on a forum online, but in real life, the idiot trying to pull the stunt won't find anyone to play with.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

i say if the player wants to argue that i can't shoot his dudes because their wings wrap around them hence i don't have LoS, then his units can't draw LoS to mine because his wings block LoS from him to my guys... but yeah, this is a gross abuse of the rules and very unsporting.

Evil Midnight Bomber

OK guys, either this thread stops teetering on becoming mental and verbal masturbation or it gets the lock.
    Oh lord I've got 'em, I've got the...
    ...it's a blog. Read it!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast