BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: Chaos 2k!

Default Chaos 2k!

Going for a fun list that won't get stomped. Got some fun shooting and some fun CC stuff, a little bit of everything!

My question is this... Is having a flyer or having flyer defense really that important? If I were to take a Helldrake, what should I drop to fit it in?

1 Sorcerer
    2 mastery levels
    Tzeench
    Sigil Of Corruption
    Combi Plasma

1 Kharn

1 Hellbrute
    Twin Laz

9 Chaos Marines
    Mark of Khorn
    Icon of Wrath
    Meltagun
    Powerfist

14 Thousand Sons
    1 Sorcerer

10 Chaos Marines
    2 Meltaguns
    Lightning claw
    1 Rhino
    Dirge Caster

5 Raptors
    2 Meltaguns
    Lightning claw

5 Havocs
    4 Plasma Guns
    1 Rhino
    Dirge Caster

1 Land Raider
    Dirge Caster
    Dozer Blade

3 Obliterators
    Last edited by L192837465; 01-30-2013 at 09:08 AM.
    Borderline alcoholic and happy about it.
    Don't get your religion mixed with my Constitution. The mixture curdles.

85 views and no comments... I think I've built the perfect list!
    Borderline alcoholic and happy about it.
    Don't get your religion mixed with my Constitution. The mixture curdles.

That does look like a nice balanced list with good scoring units. Although people seem to think Thousand Sons suck lately, I find them more cost effective than they used to be as the Aspiring Sorcerer comes with a power now, though it must be a Tzeentch Power (if you get Doombolt stick with that).

Anti-air is actually not that huge of a deal unless you're in a very competitive tournament, and then I think an Allied detachment of Imperial Guard or Necrons is best to deal with it. Heldrakes don't even do that much to kill flyers, Vector Striking isn't that good against most of them, Quad Gun is better for S7. I like the Icarus Lascannon with a BS5 cheapo Lord if anything. Then you put some other shooty dudes behind it for a 4+ cover save. Nurgle Oblits like it behind there, or you need to move up or deepstrike they can, and those already are good against flyers in my experience (those assault cannons can usually get a hull point or 2 if all three Oblits are alive to use them).

Librarian

I tend not to use landraiders anymore. The Devastators could be replaced with Chosen, and then you could field 5 Plasma guns. I tend to give my Obliterators the MoT, as it makes them less vulnerable to AP2 Weaponry, and the toughness Nurgle mark can be countered with lots of high strength weapons like Plasma guns.

I do not think Hellbrutes/ dreadnoughts are worth taking anymore. The Helldrake or maybe havocs with either autocannons and lascannons or more standard Chaos Marines would give you more feet on the ground to hold objectives.

But still not a bad list.
    The world is Chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms. Certa Cito