BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Brother-Sergeant

Yeah, i don´t see Skaven as an new super broken army, far from it. More like a super fun army with all the new crazed stuff. By the way, what about clan Pestillience? Doesn´t the plague lord special character make them core?

Veteran-Sergeant

I dunno about plague lords or anything like that because i'm concentrating on how to kill them!

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by icecube View Post
    Yeah, i don´t see Skaven as an new super broken army, far from it. More like a super fun army with all the new crazed stuff. By the way, what about clan Pestillience? Doesn´t the plague lord special character make them core?
    Yup, Plague Monks become core
    Cats and Dogs are better than kids because they eat less, don't ask for money and if they get pregnant you can sell their children.

Brother-Captain

IF games workshop does a few things in the next edition the book will seem right in line.

I was reading the store copy on saturday and I tried to look at it from the perspective of 8th edition.
    IF partials are gone from all template weapons in the main BRB.
    IF TERROR is changed (I didn't notice anything causing terror in the 20 min I spent reading the book)
    IF the magic system is changed.

Overall the skaven army looked like it could deal out a ton of damage, but everything misfires. Some of the bell results are just wrong. My dwarf anvil better be changed to similar functionality, and I want an "ALL enemy units take a panic test, even if they are immune to psycology"

I still don't want to play vs them until 8th ed rolls out.
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Scout

I would say that the codex is FAR from good. It maybe fun for home games, but all tournament skaven players will be dissapointed.

Jezzails lost skirmish (which is really bad), globadiers are specials (what makes them unplayable), ratling guns need to hit and have a different misfire table, warp lightning is only d6 and warpfire cannon shoots more or less like a normal cannon and requires line of sight. On top of that no normal bound spell and all other magic items are really WEAK. You cant shoot at close combat (apart from slaves), and the slave units are destroyed automatically when they fail their break test.

From the other side you gain better spells for the grey seer (and he is ld 7) and the hellpit abomination plus clanrats a half point cheaper. Not really much...

I dont see the hitting power of this army, because you wont be able to have a very strong shooting / magic phase as before, and as everyone knows - skaven suck at h-to-h.

The list is really balanced, I agree but unfortunately most other armies are not..
    Conclusion - as I said on the beginning - nice for home games , but it will be a rare sight to see a skaven player winning a big tournament....

Quote Originally Posted by Craftworlds_Voice View Post
    Conclusion - as I said on the beginning - nice for home games , but it will be a rare sight to see a skaven player winning a big tournament....
    I hadn't seen where they were winning them before so I don't think it will be much of a dissapointment. If I wanted to play a game system where the newest thing was all teh rage in tournies I'd play MTG. Here, I'll take a balanced army book every time. Long live the game!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12