BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Smoke breaks is another one. Need a cig at the top of 4 in a game that's going long? Sure I understand that. Need one at the top of every turn? Seriously?

Ahhh those were the days. Smoking at the table, happy times........
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Occuli Imperator

What bugs me isn't only when they get up to go have a smoke, its when they finally come back and decide they need a soda and a snack after their smoke. Geez, comon' what are you smkoing?

Duke

Brother-Sergeant

hummmm... alot of good posts. but here is my two:

- because i'm the 'carebear' gamer who is basically there to get in a game, i don't show up to vet nights to constantly teach the new guys. i don't mind a teaching game once and a while, heck it helps get new people into the hobby, but to do it for a few months (3 months of Thursdays, stopped going for a while after that) is a real pain.

- my other pain in my head is the constant theoryhammer and mathhammer that folks spout out. yes it is nice to sit and figure out things buy rolling a few dice, (playing out things as they may happen), but to spout out stats to define what will happen in a game is nonsense. i will roll a lot of armour saves, and all my lascannons will leave their batteries at home.
    -Chris
    tied more games than i've won and still have fun every time i lose.

I have a running dialog in my group with a player who vehemently believes that no ork army has ever and will ever defeat any space marine army ever no matter the circumstances. I try to use math hammer and theory to show him how it works.

Then I play a game with his army, beating a space marine player. It's really getting kind of frustrating... like talking to people on the internet who invest themselves in an opinion so strongly that no fact and logic will budge it.

Theory/Math have their places, but it isn't everything about a game. To many people just talk in circles, ignoring the math that is inconvenient for them.

Occuli Imperator

Too true, soo many times I have seen this happen... Ignoring the math that doesn't work in their favour.

Duke

Chapter-Master

people who dont tell lists (deepstriking unit oh wait its calgar,kantor and masters of the chapter whitemetal when did we deepstrike!or play apocolypse)

and

whitemetal plastic armies (silver+grey colourscheme)

and

******** CHEATS
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzbuket View Post
    whitemetal plastic armies (silver+grey colourscheme)

******** CHEATS
    Hey, my whole army is gunmetal grey. Of course, we're Grey Knights, so that's how we're supposed to look .
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

I've discovered the hate of netlists.

Everyone at my local club is now bringing lists they found online instead of coming up with something of their own. Are we playing magic all the sudden?

Better than the people who don't bring army lists and expect you to just trust them.

Then they won't mark what's in transports... so you have to keep asking.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast