BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Battle-Brother

Default Dethmarks Ethereal Interception

The Deathmarks can use Ethereal Interception to arrive by deep strike immediately after an enemy unit arrives from reserves. How is the a tactical advantage? Do they get to act as normal on that arrival turn or do they just arrive and sit there?

Chaplain

Yes, they arrive after the enemy unit comes in. Yes, they just sit there and can be shot at. They cannot run in the shooting phase, so they will be bunched up.

If you want them on the board early it guarantees that they will come on. It can also allow them to mark a unit that just arrives and will allow you to position them in your turn. The advantages are situational as a lot depends on the table you're playing on and your opponents list.
    "Winning is a theme" - John "JJ" Layfield

Brother-Sergeant

I played a game a team game a few weeks ago where my opponets comboed several characters resulting in 6+ reserve rolls for my team all game. This was the first time I have ever though the necron abilities that allow deepstriking during an opponets turn were useful.

Chapter-Master

Usually, your opponent will be thinking - huh, no Deathmarks to worry about this turn. Plop. It is a good way to circumvent the reserve rolls and maybe force your opponent to change targets from something potentially more valuable - it is situational, but nonetheless a decent option to have. I would always recommend viewing it from a case-by-case basis - if you believe your opponent won't redirect serious firepower to them, and your opponent has that annoying Reserve penalty Warlord trait, it would doubtless come in handy.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Librarian

The Intervention moves are primarily designed to ensure that your models will make it onto the board sooner rather than later. They can also help you play against an army like Daemons where your target unit might not come on until turn 3 that you don't have to deepstrike until you are ready.