BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Rampager Squad and MkIII Pads...

New stuff up on Forgeworld folks.

[url]http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff[/url]

Sneaky work post, so can't do pics.

Personally? Bit underwhelmed by the Rampager Squad. Could just be the posing and paintjob, but largely a 'meh' from me.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Librarian

I think they look quite good. Still waiting for the Breacher Siege Squad though.
    "Let them come. We shall smite them down where they stand" Warsmith Vorax of the 15th Grand Battalion.

Brother-Captain

Thought I'd post up the pics of the squad at least for sake of completeness in the thread:

WORLD EATERS LEGION RAMPAGER SQUAD £32

The Rampager squads of the World Eaters were formed of the most savage and bloodthirsty Space Marines in a Legion already notorious for its fury in battle. All underwent the prohibited psycho-surgery that Angron is believed to have instigated among his favoured sons, and those who survived honed their newly enhanced desire for berserk slaughter through martial discipline and the mastery of cruel and vicious weapons adapted from the arena combats in which the Red Angel fought during his youth.

Designed by Mark Bedford and Will Hayes, the World Eaters Legion Rampager Squad contains five complete multi-part resin models, including weapons, which are packed with Legion-specific detail. Each member of the squad is presented helmetless in order to show the surgical implants the Rampagers received, and the kit also contains a meteor hammer, two Excoriator chainaxes, a barb-hook lash and a pair of Falax blades; all weapons unique to the World Eaters Legion that can also be used to build XIIth Legion characters.

These models are available to pre-order now and will be released week commencing the 1st of March.
    Pretty nice bunch of models, but I'll second Fizzy that it's the Siege Squad I'm really looking forward too.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Battle-Brother

Palantine blades next please. Or fulgrim. Or anything I can paint purple and gold. The lack of Emperors Children is disturbing...

Librarian

Say hello to my Khorne Berzerkers.
    My son, ask for thyself another Kingdom, for that which I leave is too small for thee.

Librarian

I'm looking forward to the Siege Squad and a Siege Breaker in MK3 armour. I emailed Forge World asking if it would be released within 6 months but it sent me that automated email.
    "Let them come. We shall smite them down where they stand" Warsmith Vorax of the 15th Grand Battalion.

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by david5th View Post
    Say hello to my Khorne Berzerkers.
    I thought the exact thing when I saw the email!
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chaplain

I like how the armor is not connected in all locations, and their weapons look freaking awesome.
    Read this www.scribd.com/doc/123508033/Warhammer-40-000-6th-Edition-Codex-Adeptus-Aribites Then fill this out www.surveymonkey.com/s/LCFWXNV thanks

the thing that made me happy was seeing the chain axes with hands so I dont have to drill to install chain axes on my Flesh tearers any more...

also I think I am going to need a few of those marines for Death company...
    Last edited by Havik110; 02-08-2013 at 01:00 PM.

Veteran-Sergeant

Looking at the photos on the FW site, I think Mark Bedfords sculpts for the models are good, but like many of the Heresy miniatures on the site they are let down by the slightly mediocre paintjob. Forgeworld minis have always had a grittier, more 'realistic' and less polished paintjob than the GW studio stuff, and in my opinion this is usually a good thing, but I have been very underwhelmed by some of the miniature painting they have shown on their site of late, particularly for the Sons of Horus.
    Last edited by Lukas The Trickster; 02-08-2013 at 01:05 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast