BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dread Lists for Laughs ... Well You May Not be Laughing

Codex Space Marines

HQ:

Master of the Forge (Space Marine Bike) – 135 {Attached to the Bike Squad}

Elite:

Ironclad Dreadnought (Sesmic Hammer with Meltagun, Dreadnought Close Weapon with Heavy Flamer, Ironclad Assault Launchers. Drop Pod) – 195

Ironclad Dreadnought (Sesmic Hammer with Meltagun, Dreadnought Close Weapon with Heavy Flamer, Ironclad Assault Launchers. Drop Pod) – 195

Troop:

Tactical Squad (1 Sergeant, 9 Space Marines, Flamer, Multi-Melta, Drop Pod) – 205

Tactical Squad (1 Sergeant, 9 Space Marines, Flamer, Multi-Melta, Drop Pod) – 205

Tactical Squad (1 Sergeant, 9 Space Marines, Flamer, Lascannon, Razorback with Heavy Bolter) – 220 {Combat Squad - 5 with the Flamer in the Razorback 5 with the Lascannon Backfield}

Fast Attack:

Space Marine Bike Squad (1 Biker Sergeant with Melta Bombs, 3 Space Marine Bikers, 2 Melta Guns, 1 Attack Bike with Multi-Melta) - 215

Heavy Support:

Dreadnought (Twin-linked Lascannon, Missile Launcher) – 145

= 2000

Blood Angels

HQ:

Reclusiarch (Jump Pack) – 155 {Attached to the Death Company Unit}

Elite:

Furioso Dreadnought (2 Blood Fists with built in Melta gun and Heavy Flamer, Drop Pod) – 170

Furioso Dreadnought (2 Blood Fists with built in Melta gun and Heavy Flamer, Drop Pod) – 170

Troop:

Death Company (15 Death Company, 3 Power Fist, Jump Packs) – 600

Death Company Dreadnought (2 Blood Talons with built in Melta Gun and Heavy Flamer, Drop Pod) – 170

Death Company Dreadnought (2 Blood Talons with built in Melta Gun and Heavy Flamer, Drop Pod) – 170

Heavy Support:

Dreadnought (Twin-Linked Lascannon, Missile Launcher) - 140

Dreadnought (Twin-Linked Lascannon, Missile Launcher) - 140

Dreadnought (Twin-Linked Lascannon, Missile Launcher) – 140

= 2195

I've always wanted to run a main list dread army (highest i've used is 3 in a space wolves foot list - worked well) was toying around with the codex space marine and the blood angels codex to see the point run down. My favored of the two is the first list .... any thoughts ? ..... Sucks Dreads took such a hit in 6th ed. - these lists would be more for fun ... they would be rolled by anything outside of casual.
    Last edited by Whereswaldo; 02-11-2013 at 07:15 PM.

Librarian

Nope, definitely not laughing. Well, maybe at you for having trouble finding someone to play against. I've turned down games against similiar armies. I don't see how they would fun to play against.

While I understand it's your army, and can build and play it how you want, you have to remember the game is played against other people who may not want to face such an army. I don't see an average army being able to deal with that many dreads, especially in drop pods.

Chapter-Master

Your death company must be a single squad unless you field Astorath the Grim.

Default Siege Assault Vanguard - Imperial Armour 10 - The Badaub war (Part 2)

+++ Siege Assault Vanguard (2000pts) +++

+ HQ + (100pts)
    * Master of the Forge (100pts)
    (And They Shall Know no Fear, Blessing of the Omnissiah, Bolster Defenses, Combat Tactics, Independent Character)
    Boltgun

+ Elites + (505pts)
    * Venerable Dreadnought (170pts)
    (Venerable)
    Twin-linked Heavy Bolter, Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon with Storm Bolter

* Venerable Dreadnought (170pts)
    (Venerable)
    Twin-linked Heavy Bolter, Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon with Storm Bolter

* Venerable Dreadnought (165pts)
    (Venerable)
    Multi-Melta, Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon with Storm Bolter

+ Troops + (180pts)
    * Tactical Squad (90pts)
    (And They Shall Know no Fear, Combat Squads, Combat Tactics)
    4x Space Marine (64pts) Space Marine Sergeant (26pts) Boltgun, Chainsword

* Tactical Squad (90pts)
    (And They Shall Know no Fear, Combat Squads, Combat Tactics)
    4x Space Marine (64pts) Space Marine Sergeant (26pts) Boltgun, Chainsword

* Siege pattern Dreadnoughts (6 of them) (120pts each; 720 total)
    (Brethren of the Ancients, Siege Dreadnought Talon)
    Flamestrom Cannon, Assault drill with inbuilt Heavy Flamer

+ Heavy Support + (375pts)
    * Dreadnought (Heavy) (125pts)
    Twin-linked Autocannon, Missile Launcher

If you can field more Dreadnoughts then that, you deserve a medal. There are a total of 12 dreadnoughts being fielded. 3 elite, 3 as Heavy support, and 6 as troop choices.

fixed the death company issue - combined them into a squad of 15

Nice on the siege pattern dreads - I take it they are forge world?

Quote Originally Posted by Whereswaldo View Post
    fixed the death company issue - combined them into a squad of 15

Nice on the siege pattern dreads - I take it they are forge world?
    Indeed, its is an army list from Badaub War part 2.

Battle-Brother

I like the idea of so many dreads . And i think it should work .
    Especially the IA10 list .
    The only thing where it could get close would be a a terminator style army (Grey Knights , Logan + termis,
    Deathwing ).
    I tried the 6 dreads twice , they worked nice .

Iron Father

As for the heavy support, I would be looking at Contemptor Mortis Dreads, a bit more pricey but very very good.

[url]http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/6th_Edition_Tactics/Space_Marines[/url]

says this :-)

Contemptor Mortis (Forgeworld): Probably the best Contemptor variant, this guy trades in fleet for BS5 and Skyfire and Interceptor if it stands still and can mount a big gun in each arm PLUS a cyclone missile launcher. Here's your loadout: ignore everything and take 2 Kheres pattern assault cannons and a cyclone missile launcher. There! You're done. If you find yourself not in range of the assault cannons, move forward and throw down with a couple of BS5 missiles. If you DO have something in assault cannon range, hold still and let the rape flow - your dread will loose a total of 12 S6 AP4 rending shots at 24" on a hapless unit and if you stood still, you can drop 2 more missiles on the poor ****ers ALL OF IT HITTING ON 2'S! You will tear apart tanks, mow down infantry and blast aircraft out of the sky with this ****ing thing.

I had 2, used them every time I played my Marines until I sold them off to make way for........another marine army project

http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

I agree with Dalleron. Definitely not a fun list to play against. I probably wouldn't refuse you, but I doubt I'd play you again. Dreads are weaker in this edition by far, but it just seems like an annoying list to play.

That being said, I'm guessing you're going for a full-denial army with your Blood Angels? Your DC and your DC Dreads are non-scoring units.

Brother-Captain

I believe you can only have one DC dread per DC squad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast