BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

NO, that was Cow
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chaplain

There's a pretty good forum here for 40K cos players:

[url]http://z6.invisionfree.com/Obscurus_Crusade/index.php?act=idx[/url]

Brother-Captain

I've been curious to do some cosplay, but several things get in the way. First, I'm an old(ish) fart, and damn if people don't get all up in my face when I publicly act my maturity and not my age (they say I'm pretending to be young again, not realizing I never actually grew up).

The second slightly more important reason is, when doing the things I do now, my five year old daughter slaps her forehead and asks, "Daddy, why are you so weird?" In general I could care less what anyone thinks of me and what I do, but when my five year old wonders about my strangeness, it gives me a slightly longer moment of pause.

Lastly, and actually the most important reason is I'm a bit overweight, and there's not that many action/adventure characters with a beer gut. Somehow the Princess saying, "Aren't you a little too blubbery to be a Storm Trooper?" just doesn't come off as epic. And no, I'm not going as Porkins ... thankfully I'm not big enough for that ... yet.
    Last edited by Necron2.0; 02-16-2013 at 06:35 PM.
    Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Brother-Sergeant

So go as an ork, ogre, dwarf, or even some high ranking imperial official, Commisar, whatever you want. If your size if holding you back, you can find plenty of slightly larger characters in 40k/fantasy. But honestly I say go for it anyways, cosplay is about showing that you love something, who cares about the rest

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by BatMarine View Post
    But honestly I say go for it anyways, cosplay is about showing that you love something, who cares about the rest
    I dunno...I think body type matters quite a bit for cosplay. It's the difference between being awesome or sad/creepy/gross. For it to work I think your body type has to be at least similar to whomever you're trying to emulate.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Banned

Case in point, Google "Bubba Moon".

I would love to cosplay as some things, myself, but my spare tire would fit a lifted off-road truck as well. Fortunately, there are other routes to do so, such as executive staff, etc, and not always being a specific person.

Technically this is Raging Heroes cosplay, but I'm posting it 'cos it's nifty:
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Veteran-Sergeant

A nice grizzly commissar to uphold the imperiums political ideolgy through fear........ or maybe just flutter her eye lashes for the same result.

Chaplain

"Morale Restored"

Chapter-Master

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast