BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Would it be possible to get an overview of the rules for the Valk/Vendetta?

These are the only models I have that are in the book and I wondered how they are specifically effected.
    [if it is a lot, then the book may be needed; if not, then I will stick with what is the codex/BRB]

Veteran-Sergeant

Same as guard codex, but lost deepstrike. And the grav chute insertion is the same as the stormraven version in the new FAQ.
    Last edited by Belial69; 02-20-2013 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belial69 View Post
    Same as guard codex, but lost deepstrike.
    This, of course, the funny part. Rarely was that used anyway. All the people complaining about the Vendetta as being too powerful have based it on output and price.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Caitsidhe View Post
    This, of course, the funny part. Rarely was that used anyway. All the people complaining about the Vendetta as being too powerful have based it on output and price.
    It also lost scout, which means no outflank. This was used *often* to set up that rear armor shot. It's silly, of course, to have an airplane that can only fly in from one direction, but one has to be careful not to think to much about GW rules.

The Vendetta is still a steal at the points, but losing outflank makes it less of an auto-include than it was before.
    It takes a big hammer to drive a big nail.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Belial69 View Post
    Yep, the eldar ace from crusade is now eldar/dark eldar, same options as crusade. All aces still 50pts.
    Still none for sisters, Daemons or nids unsurprisingly.
    What about Chaos Space Marines? I don't think they had ace rules in Crusade of Fire either.

Veteran-Sergeant

Everyone now except Daemons, sisters and nids has an ace.

Chapter-Master

I had a quick glance at the book today, and I must say it doesn't look a bad buy at all. It isn't the best purchase for someone looking for flyer updates, though it is still invaluable for Codex: Space Marines/Black Templars/Orks players. The artwork and quality looked great.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

I don't suppose you noticed if there was a picture of the Voidraven? As in art, not a photo.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Veteran-Sergeant

Alas no, the bestiary section for the voidraven shares the same page as the razorwing. I've been through all the pics/illustrations just to check if gw were doing a hidden in plain sight thing, but no

It's worth noting that the Stormtalon has changed a bit. It now has the Strafing Run rule which gives it +1 BS against non-flyer, non-skimmer ground units at all times, not just when hovering. Skyhammer Missiles are also much cheaper - my Talon has gone down from 155 to 125 points. Not too shabby!
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast