BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Librarian

Default New Army Builder file with Dark Angels, but....

Latest Army Builder file for 40k is live and includes the Dark Angels.
    However, there seems to be an unusual number of bugs in the latest release not just for the Dark Angels (Sisters for example lost the Immolator and some other options).

Here is their page, scroll down to see the Bug Tracker list.
    [url]http://www.ab40k.org/[/url]

Veteran-Sergeant

Bookmarked, thanks for the link JMichael, I can check it often now to see what issues there might be before heading out to play a game!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by JMichael View Post
    Latest Army Builder file for 40k is live and includes the Dark Angels.
    However, there seems to be an unusual number of bugs in the latest release not just for the Dark Angels (Sisters for example lost the Immolator and some other options).

Here is their page, scroll down to see the Bug Tracker list.
    [url]http://www.ab40k.org/[/url]
    Everyone, please do my buddy Colen a favor and NOT email WolfLair Support for bugs relating to the army file. Unfortunately WolfLair cannot do the 40k army file for themselves and must rely on the data file community to program them. Sometimes there are bugs.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Everyone, please do my buddy Colen a favor and NOT email WolfLair Support for bugs relating to the army file. Unfortunately WolfLair cannot do the 40k army file for themselves and must rely on the data file community to program them. Sometimes there are bugs.
    Defenestratus is correct. Army Builder files are community/group created.
    Ab40k.org creates the 40k files and they do this for free! While this update is unusually buggy (they are good about addressing the issues quickly) I am also super appreciative of the solid work they do!

hmm, if Defenestratus has inside knowledge, any idea why the files are autoupdate only nowadays? (not that they cant be found online elsewhere..)

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
    hmm, if Defenestratus has inside knowledge, any idea why the files are autoupdate only nowadays? (not that they cant be found online elsewhere..)
    Its not exactly insider knowledge.

GW told AB40k that they couldn't host the datafiles on their website anymore.

Thanks, actually i might have even known that.. atleast from a certain perspective.. Wasn't that associated with the hassle that gw releases its own army builder alike and that people were reluctant to renew their army builder subscriptions because they feared gw might hunt down every single datafiler

But to the second question:
    Even if it is now available from creators website, the general spreading of the file through other means is ok by the creators?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
    Thanks, actually i might have even known that.. atleast from a certain perspective.. Wasn't that associated with the hassle that gw releases its own army builder alike and that people were reluctant to renew their army builder subscriptions because they feared gw might hunt down every single datafiler

But to the second question:
    Even if it is now available from creators website, the general spreading of the file through other means is ok by the creators?
    The file is available via the auto update feature. I'm sure you can find it other places if you look hard enough.

They just released an updated version yesterday to fix some of the bugs.