BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 1750 Ravenwing List

Hello, looking for critiques for this list.

HQ: 710

Samael: 200

Librarian: 125
    -Bike: 20
    -Mastery Level 2: 35

Ravenwing Command Squad: 220
    -Apothecary: 30
    -Blade of Caliban: 5
    -Banner of Devestation: 65
    -Ravenwing Grenade Launcher: 0

Ravenwing Command Squad: 170
    -Apothicary: 30
    -Ravenwing Company Banner: 15
    -Blade of Caliban: 5

Troops: 653

Ravenwing Attack Squadron: 236
    -3 Extra Bikes: 81
    -Attack Bike: 45
    -Multimelta: 10
    -Meltagun x2: 20

Ravenwing Attack Squadron: 236
    -Attack Bike: 45
    -Multimelta: 10

Ravenwing Attack Squadron: 181

Fast Attack:

Darkshroud: 80

Nephalim: 180
    -Lascannon: 0

Black Knights: 126
    -Ravenwing Grenade Launcher:0

Any thoughts Appreciated.

No thoughts, comments? I mainly play against Nids, Tau, IG, and Chaos Space Marines.

Just wondering, as I've never played with a bike army... do you have a lot of trouble with Horde armies? It seems like your low model count and lack of anti-infantry would really be a problem. I also think I'd take out one of the Command Squads and try and free up a few points for another Attack Squadron. Three scoring units probably isn't enough at 1750. Unless, that is, I don't understand the DA codex well enough and some of your other units CAN score. Also wondering how well the Nephalim is doing in your games. Or have you not built this army yet?

The Army is mostly built (Just have to finish the Nephalim). The 2 games I have fought with it I have fought against Tau, who just rail it to death, even shooting at BS1. However, I like that it is mobile AA (as apposed to Devastators.)

I can combat squad the attack bikes to squads of 3, totalling 6 mini squads. I deal with Hordes with a few ways, 1 being the salvo banner making every biker shoot 4 twin-linked bolter shots (thats 72 twin linked bolter shots a turn) and 2, with the Ravenwing Nade Launcher (allows me to shoot rapid fire Frag Nades). I may replace the squad without the attack bike with 2 flamers instead, since I have so much melta. Yes I think my low model count could hurt me, but my playstyle is aggressive so I would hope to get in there do damage to anything that could really harm me. The second command squad is there to add cheaper, slightly better ravenwing knights (they are 6 points cheaper for some reason than the fast attack version, have a champion and can take an apoth).

Librarian

Agreed. I'd ditch the second command squad for more bikes. I'd also take some plasma guns on some of the RAS. I may actually ditch both command squads, too many points for 1500. With such a small model count, I would prefer more tires on the field. Asuming you bought/buy the ravenwing battleforce, don't discount the speeders in the box. They can put out enough shots that maybe they cant' be ignored. I don't have blacknights yet, as I've only played my ravenwing pre 6th ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconjab View Post
    do you have a lot of trouble with Horde armies?
    with that banner of devastation any of his bikes within 12 in of it get to make 4 twin linked bolter shots at 24 inches.

I recently had to suffer through 54 shots, about 10 of which missed. Yeah, it vaporizes hordes.

The second Command Squad is there because they are slightly cheaper knights with a ravenwing banner and an apoth option. This is 29 Bikes on the field, with a Nephalim for AA and Darkshroud for a large radius of stealth (that makes their jink 4+).

Chapter-Master

I'd ditch the second command squad to get Ravenwing Knights with some Grenade Launchers so you can have more models and de-buffs against your opponents.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

I would keep the command squads, but not the Nephilim. I think it is a poor unit, but I LOVE the model and maybe you can get great results from it.
    I love the Black Knights. They are WIN in all my games! I think the Standard of Devastation is the way to go with Ravenwing. Positioned right, you can get multiple squads to use it. I like the list. I don't know what I would use instead of the Nephilim, except maybe a 10-man dev squad or an Aegis Defense Line and another Landspeeder...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast