BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

So despite all your toys (Baal Predators, Blood Talon Dreadnoughts, death company, sanguinary guard, fast predators, deep strike land raiders) GW hate you?

Really? Really really! Really really really?

Furious Charge isn't a BA specific rule, and the +1 initiative is hardly the best part....

Tell you what, why not play Tau? Or Nids? Or perhaps Eldar? You may learn a smattering of perception..
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

If they are going to give the ultrasmurfs and Templars the stormraven, at least they could have given BA the stormtalon just to make it fair. It's stupid that right now, the only marine chapter who gives a damn about air superiority has half as much options for fielding fighters as everyone else.

GK also got shafted a little when everyone else bar the pups got the BA, GK exclusive raven, but at least with GK, there was a reason why they shouldn't get the talon as psyker pilot and psybolt ammo might have been a bit much for the talon. But there is no such reason for only taking from BA and only flipping them the bird in return. What next? Baal preds renamed to Fury Pred and given to everyone?

Chapter-Master

I am excited about this change.
    I like allies, and I like me my Captain Sicarius and Sanguinor. super marines all the way!

Now I can put Sicarius with an iron clad and super tactical squad in a storm raven. Then have an assault squad with a mini-captain, and death company!
    Last edited by Tynskel; 02-16-2013 at 03:01 PM.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    So despite all your toys (Baal Predators, Blood Talon Dreadnoughts, death company, sanguinary guard, fast predators, deep strike land raiders) GW hate you?

Really? Really really! Really really really?

Furious Charge isn't a BA specific rule, and the +1 initiative is hardly the best part....

Tell you what, why not play Tau? Or Nids? Or perhaps Eldar? You may learn a smattering of perception..
    First all, the +1 I really WAS the difference. I would honestly take that before the +1 S because it allowed you to mitigate the amount of damage you take. This would allow you to assault punchier assault units in the game and not worry about getting that much punch back. Furthermore, with 4+ FNP you really didn't need to worry about assaulting units like berserkers or other MEQ's with your assault marines.

Baal Predators aren't all *that* great. The flamestorm variants are unusable since they usually get glanced to death before they get in range but the dakka pred is rather nice. Blood talons are swell, except they're AP3 and on something that only takes three glances to kill. Not as great as they used to be by any means. Deep striking land raiders are gimmicky and risky. Not saying those "toys" aren't worth anything but I wouldn't consider them anything but "toys". Many of them are mere shadows of what they used to be in 5ed.

My main army is Eldar. BA have always been a red headed 2nd child to me just to give me breaks between painting space elves.

The Eldar have fared MUCH better than BA in 6ed and are a metric ****ton more fun to play than BA by a longshot. Especially with the FW bits.

Brother-Sergeant

See you are with me there. Furious charge should never have been changed.
    It would have caused a lot less if a broken heart, and believe me mine is broken, if they'd just said that allied forces can embark and act as normal in relation to the primary detachments vehicles they wouldn't have had to add another update to most FAQ's.
    I dream of a day I can have my 13th wooden popping out of a stormraven with Seth leading them.

Why GW? Why?!? It's almost a valentines treat!
    I do hope the new book has something juicy in there.......it has to doesn't it?
    If only the Event Horizon had Gellar Fields........

Brother-Sergeant

I'm not going to edit that last post because it had me cracked up.
    I meant to write Wulfen.
    If only the Event Horizon had Gellar Fields........

Yet you still have the flier yes? And can fill it with horribly Killy troops choices yes?

Not sure where the issues are here. Other toys have been shared in the past, from Land Raider Crusaders (Black Templar toy) to land speeders with heavy Bolter and assault cannon (Ravenwing toy).

To the best of my knowledge (and to be fair, Blood Angels is the only Codex I don't own. Oversight soon to be corrected) you are still the only Chapter to have easy and plentiful access to Assault Marines? Oh, and Sanguinary Priests. FnP may have dropped a pip, but now works against power weapons yes? So the sharing (and not the loss) of a toy is hardly big enough beans to worry about?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguineone View Post
    I dream of a day I can have my 13th wooden popping out of a stormraven with Seth leading them.
    you can already do this: Apocalypse.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Brother-Captain

I have absolutely no pity for Space Wolves at all. They have so much under-priced silliness that being less effective against flyers is reasonable. Also, just use Forgeworld or Imperial Guard allies if you're that worried. The Wolves quite like the guard (relatively speaking), so it's not exactly un-fluffy, even if you just have a couple of minimal Veteran squads in Vendettas. Space Marines are supposed rely on the Imperial Navy for air support most of the time, but to sell more models GW made the Stormtalon which has no real point when they could just tell the Imperial Navy to do it, and the Stormraven which also has no point when Thunderhawks exist but they wanted a 40k version because a Thunderhawk would be rather unfair in a non-apocalypse game. It exists for gameplay, fluff-wise there's no point.

Chaplain

Blood Angels por vida! Damn the rules and what you think is better, I'm down for what I got and how I play it.

(Don't get me wrong I play by the rules set out by codex and faq's, just saying I ain't crying about the changes, just making due with'em and still tearing apart enimies regardless of changes, and thats what TRUE BLOOD ANGELS need to do. Or Ya might just pick up another army and play with them.
    Last edited by sangrail777; 02-16-2013 at 08:56 PM.
    "I have seen what you will see. I have fought what you must fight, and I have slain what you must slay...." Commander Dante

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast