BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

So... Y'all are complaining that Blood Angels are losing everything that makes them unique, with the caveat that fast Rhino chassis, Assault Cannon Preds, Assault Marine troops, Feel No Pain bubbles, Sanguinary Guard, Blender Dreads, Death Company, AND a chance for free fearless/furious charge on your units doesn't count?

Now I'm not saying y'all didn't take a hit in the loss of initiative on Furious Charge, that coupled with the side-grade of Feel No Pain made you worse at hitting non power weapon MEQ. That being said, you guys are still an incredibly unique codex. Yes it's weaker than it was, but the idea that you're losing all that makes you unique is patently false.

Also it's pretty silly to complain that you didn't get the Storm Talon in one post, and say it is useless in another.... Side note, I'd love to have it in my Grey Knights. One model that's cheaper than average would be great! And stop acting like psybolts would make it op... It just makes it into a psycannon.... That's not exactly new for the army, and it's on a weak platform anyhow...

Brother-Captain

Stormtalons don't really fit the way GK operate, though. They don't have main battle tanks like the Vindicator/Predator, etc. because all of their vehicles revolve around getting their hyper-elite soldiers into combat with fire support as a secondary role.

And I would agree with you there is still loads that make the BA a unique army.

I for one am saddened, however, at how difficult it is to field the army the way I envision it - that is, going completely nuts with the 'flying' elements of the army.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Chapter-Master

HOW TERRIBLE TO HAVE A COMPETITIVE 6th ED CODEX. WHAT A SHAME.

GW hates the BA fluff and thats about it.
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

I love it when Marine players start b!tching about being hard done by. You can almost cut the sense of entitlement steaming off them with a knife.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Yeah, because Tyranids are so obviously loved by Games Workshop that they have a supremely balanced codex with lots of great units to....er..arh...err.....

You don't see me complaining that Genestealers can no longer assault from Outflank, or that Overwatch and random charge length screws up half my assaults, simply because there are always positives to balance the negatives. Tervigons and Termagants are amongst the best Troops choices you can take when used properly, and flying Hive Tyrants with brain-leech devourers are a blessing in an edition where flyers are common. Not to mention Harpies, Zoanthropes and the like are more viable than they were before.

So Blood Angels lost some stuff and can't run assault armies as well anymore. What else do you get? You still have a lot of mobile, effective firepower in an edition where mobile, effective firepower is king. You have versatile Librarians and some of the best Dreadnoughts you can get. Not to mention, that unit you supposedly lost - but in fact still have - is always a great choice as far as flyers go. Trust me, you aren't the only codex that has changed a lot with 6th Edition, for better or worse.
    Last edited by Learn2Eel; 02-17-2013 at 05:05 AM.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Librarian

Im a BA player and i dont see why people are complaining about are dex. I should state now that i haven't used them in a while, all though i have used them in 6th. They aren't that bad, they are still marines after all. Yes i preferred FC being +1I bit o well and yes i would of liked the storm talon in return for toys borrowed but once again o well. Can we please all now stop complaining about how the BA have been hard done by ( insert charity appeal music ) lets all think of those worse off then are selves, by this i mean eldar,black templars and my beloved tau. And breathe rant over. Go back to what you are doing.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Kawauso View Post
    Stormtalons don't really fit the way GK operate, though. They don't have main battle tanks like the Vindicator/Predator, etc. because all of their vehicles revolve around getting their hyper-elite soldiers into combat with fire support as a secondary role.

And I would agree with you there is still loads that make the BA a unique army.

I for one am saddened, however, at how difficult it is to field the army the way I envision it - that is, going completely nuts with the 'flying' elements of the army.
    I completely agree that it doesn't fit their general tactics, I would just like it. It is a shame that more armies can't get in on the flyer spam... I guess...?

Chapter-Master

My third army are a blood angels successor, they are doing absolutely fine in 6th, not sure what the OP is complaining about at all.

If anyone is hard done by it is Sisters Of Battle (a very boring/limited WD codex and litterally no plastics at all, not even metal boxsets!)
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Almost no plastics. Immolator.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    Almost no plastics. Immolator.
    You are right! I always thought that was a hybrid kit for some reason.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast