BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default 1850 CSM mostly nurgle

So here's the list, it's kind of small in the number of units but i'm still new to marines and chaos marines so i dont' know if that's the norm.

I usually like to have my lists with a bit of style plus some usefulness.

So here it goes, I have the lord in the land raider with the termies, their task obviously is to get to the opposing line and start kicking *** and taking names. The two rhinos of plague marines will be heading for objectives and the CSM will do the same but also provide some fire support.

The defiler i haven't used yet and really want to, not sure how best to use him though. I used one oblit last game and loved it, so i'm trying for two (though i have to source another model).

The possessed i just love the idea of, but i also noticed they are quite costly in points, even with the 4+ ward save they have, i can't imagine many people letting them get into combat. So they are negotiable for me, perhaps replaced with some raptors.

Oh and i plan on purchasing the typhus model to just play as a lord in termie armour rather than as typhus.

What do you say?

1850 Pts - Chaos Space Marines Roster

Total Roster Cost: 1849

HQ: Chaos Lord in Terminator Armour 175 pts
    1 Chaos Lord in Terminator Armour, + Mark of Nurgle + Blight Grenades + Melta Bombs
    1 The Black Mace,

Elite: Chaos Terminators 469 pts
    4 Chaos Terminators, + Mark of Nurgle + Combi-Meltagun x3 + Reaper Autocannon x1
    1 Terminator Champion, + Mark of Nurgle 6 + Power Sword
    1 Chaos Land Raider,

Troops: Plague Marines 230 pts
    6 Plague Marines, + Veterans of the Long War + Meltagun x2
    1 Plague Champion, + Veterans of the Long War
    1 Chaos Rhino

Troops: Plague Marines 230 pts
    6 Plague Marines, + Veterans of the Long War + Meltagun x2
    1 Plague Champion, + Veterans of the Long War
    1 Chaos Rhino

Elite: Possessed, 248 pts
    7 Possessed, + Mark of Tzeentch
    1 Possessed Champion, + Mark of Tzeentch

Troops: Chaos Space Marines 150 pts
    9 Chaos Space Marines, + Heavy Bolter
    1 Aspiring Champion,

Heavy Support: Defiler (1#, 195 pts)
    1 Defiler,

Heavy Support: Obliterator 152 pts)
    2 Obliterator, + Mark of Nurgle

Battle-Brother

My advice for the defiler is to keep it moving forward and beat the hell out of the enemy in cc, don't bother shooting unless there is a really juicy target in sight.

Chaplain

It feels light on troops honestly.

Also, the Black Mace on a Termie lord, while has lots of cool factor, doesn't have quite the same scary effect as a Daemon Prince w/ the black mace. Ofcourse it also doesn't cost anywhere near a DP w/ the Black Mace either.

I think when taking a CSM land raider, you might have to dump some points into it. A Dirge caster is a must imho, as well as Dozer Blades. Woe be you when you immobilize in terrain.

I would also suggest mixing up the power weapons in the terminator squad, give them a mix between power axes and power swords.

I'm still not a fan of Oblits this edition of Chaos, that whole, not being able to fire the same weapon twice in a row, turns me off from them. For about the same points, you can get 5 Havocs w/ 2 Autocannons and 2 Lascannons and Mark of Nurgle.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkingyeti View Post

HQ: Chaos Lord in Terminator Armour 175 pts
    1 Chaos Lord in Terminator Armour, + Mark of Nurgle + Blight Grenades + Melta Bombs
    1 The Black Mace,

Elite: Chaos Terminators 469 pts
    4 Chaos Terminators, + Mark of Nurgle + Combi-Meltagun x3 + Reaper Autocannon x1
    1 Terminator Champion, + Mark of Nurgle 6 + Power Sword
    1 Chaos Land Raider,
    The transport capacity in Land Raider is 10 models, terminator counts as two models.