BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I wouldn't thank White Tiger. She reported me, not Eldargal.

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by AnEnemy View Post
    I wouldn't thank White Tiger. She reported me, not Eldargal.
    What? She?

Can a mod PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD? its going to get out of hand fast -_-

Potential war gameing Jawa.

I over reacted, my fault for reading Warseer and BoLS at the same time while sleep deprived. Sorry AnEnemy, I shouldn't have called you names. I still think this is being blown out of all proportion but I shouldn't be acting like a troll.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Occuli Imperator

I am more concerned with the use of "due" as a preposition...
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Hey, look at that. By the time I got a chance to moderate, the parties in question moderated themselves. "+1 exp, you have gotten better at behaving like adults." Thanks everyone!
    Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful. - Nathanael Greene

Going back to the topic, it isn't surprising that:

1. They already had to Faq it. Games Workshop apparently doesn't believe in editors (at least not professional ones).
    2. That they only had to correct a little bit this time... the book doesn't really have anything to it. It is empty calories.

This isn't a GW is damned if they do and damned if they don't affair. I have to disagree with you Eldargal. This is a case of a book, priced in a fairly substantial way which had no substance and still managed to have an error in it. The humor, of course, is that the correction went up before most people even had the bloody book.

I'm a fair guy. When Games Workshop does something right, I comment on it. When they do something wrong (which they do far more often) I comment on that too. Where there is smoke there is fire. I'm sure most people would love to complain less. I know I would much prefer to sing praises and get a warm fuzzy glow every time I ran my hand over the 6th Edition rulebook or Codex. That is how things should be.

Games Workshop needs to apply the same standard of quality to the rules (and editing) that it applies to the quality of its models. That isn't too much to ask. I would argue that it should be expected. They are charging a high price for their books and as such I should expect to find no errors whatsoever. They are supposed to be professionals. When I buy a coca-cola from the store, I expect it to taste like coke every time I drink it. I expect the can to not be bulged, dented, or leaking. I expect to see the name of the product spelled correctly. When that doesn't happen, I take it back. If I am at a restaurant, I give them sheer hell for serving me some weird fountain drink that tastes nothing like coke.

Games Workshop is a vendor that provides a product. That is the standard to which they must be held. They are not delicate artists whose creations are made more valuable by the imperfections. I personally wish they didn't have anything to do with the game at all. I wish an entirely different company designed, wrote, and did the edits on the rules. They should outsource it to professionals. They should do what they do well. They should get someone else to do what they do so poorly.
    Last edited by Caitsidhe; 02-20-2013 at 07:35 AM.

Occuli Imperator

The difficulty is in proof reading, and proof reading is hard. The error itself is probably not something that would be picked up by a proof reader either as stylistically it fits and contains no typographical errors.
    People shout at mistakes that appear in GW books, both rules and novels but the fact is errors creep in, this lunch time I started reading girl with a Dragon Tattoo and I have already come across one error in it and I am only 3% of my way through.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

I think the fact that they charge a premium price for their products and with codexes they often are no where near premium in quality is the source of the butthurt

Quote Originally Posted by Phototoxin View Post
    I think the fact that they charge a premium price for their products and with codexes they often are no where near premium in quality is the source of the butthurt
    Yep. This says it better than I did. I don't mind paying for my product. I don't even demands bargains. I merely expect the product to equal the price.

Well the books aren't really a premium product, they are a necessity to play the game with the GW models which are a premium product. They say themselves they are a models company first and foremost. So we get gouged somewhat on the price of the books.

I won't be getting this, between Belial here and a review on Warseer there is no reason for me to buy it. The only change that affects me, Dark Eldar ace pilot, was something we had already houseruled. Bit dissapointing really, it could have been much more. But then it would have been a compulsory purchase and everyone would have complained.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast