Cool Imperial Guard 1000 points

Hi Everyone!

Here is a Imperial Guard list I have had fun using

HQ: Lord Commissar with a Powerfist, Bolt Pistol and Melta Bombs 90pts
    Ministorum Priest with Evisorator and Shotgun 60pts

Troops:
    Infantry Platoon
    Platoon Command Squad
    5, One Guardsmen with a Medi-Pack, 3 Guardsmen with Lasguns and Platoon Commander with a Powerfist 75pts

Infantry Squad
    10, one with a Plasma Gun and Sergeant with chainsword and melta bombs 70pts

Infantry Squad
    10, one with a grenade launcher and Sergeant with chainsword 55pts

Infantry Squad
    10, one with a grenade launcher and Sergeant with chainsword 55pts

Infantry Squad
    10, Sergeant with power weapon 60pts

Infantry Squad
    10, Sergeant with power weapon and Melta bombs 65pts

Penal Legion Squad
    10, 80pts

Elites:
    Rattlings
    5, 50pts

Storm Trooper Squad
    10, two with Melta Guns 180pts

Heavy Support:
    Manticore Missile Launcher 160pts

Grand Total: 1000pts

I put the Guardsmen in a combined unit of 50 led by the Lord Commissar and I outflank with the Penal Legion and the Stormtroopers

Battle-Brother

My Ministorum Priest leads the Penal Legion unit

Are you lookin for critiques or just puttin it up for fun/to show other people? Jw.

Battle-Brother

Critics are welcome, as long as they are useful
    I big thing this list can't deal with is Flyers

Brother-Sergeant

I'll start by saying I'm no expert with IGuard but one thing, I think you are going to have a lot of problems with really heavy tanks, I know you have the meltras in the Storm Trooper squads but if they were outflanking I would just put my heavy tank in the center of the field and you wouldn't be able to do a whole lot about it, I would probably add some long range fire power instead.

The manticore is the tank buster at long range. Personally I'd drop the ratlings and the plasma gun from the infantry squad and get grenade launchers and autocannons for the lot and any left overs give flamers to the command squad.

Battle-Brother

Yeah the Manitcore is awesome against most things In one game turn one it destroyed a Land Raider and a Rhino with one shot
    The grenade launchers and autocannons combo sounds like a good plan, my Rattlings don't do much anyway
    I would probs keep the plasma gun and just take out the power weapons instead. Then I could have 4 grenade launchers, 5 Autocannons and the Platoon Command squad could have 2 flamers

Yeah more grenade launchers and some autocannons would be nice. Honestly, I can't think of much of a reason not to bring a Primaris Psyker instead of the Commissar. If you take Divination, you up all your Imperial Guard's shooting potential and can possibly get some REALLY awesome psychic powers for your 50-man blob. 4+ invulnerable, re-rolls to hit, debuffs on enemy units, buffs to your Overwatch shooting, etc. Lot of fantastic powers in that psychic tree.

Battle-Brother

Yeah a Primarias Psyker does sound good I will keep the Lord Commissar because I like giving the 50 Guardsmen Blob stubon and leadership 10 so they don't run off at a bad moment
    I will find the points to fit in the Psyker though, he sounds like a awesome idea

Primaris psyker can't take divination. But yes they can be fun, I did run a list with 2 primaris psykers with telekinesis and 2 psyker battle squads and watched the fun when both psychic screams went off after the leadership drop from the battle squads.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast