BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Raging Heroes Dark Elves concept art

This is not a Kickstarter thread, the Dark Elf kickstarter is months away. But rather than clog the Rambettes kickstarter thread with Dark Elf stuff I'm posting the DE concept art here:

DE cavalry (01/02):

DE Succubus (21/02)

New blog entry about the DE Kickstarter [URL="http://www.ragingheroes.com/blogs/news/7380840-new-de-invasion-ks-preview"]here[/URL], for feedback purposes.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Daemon-Prince

Sexy Harpy is sexy.
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Chapter-Master

Looks very nice. I can't help but wonder if this will serve as a motivation for GW to get the new DE book and models out before the Kickstarter.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

I doubt it, they don't have that much leeway. The DE book is out in 2014 most likely and I'd be surprised if work has started on the writing yet. Maybe very early work.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Just speculating. It's not like they need to get it out tomorrow, the Kickstarter is month's away and they'd still need to make all the models and get them shipped after that. It's just if I were GW CEO I'd be looking at these pictures and thinking they were pretty cool. Then I'd be wondering how much money that would detract from sales of my new DE army if it came out after the Kickstarter and how much extra money I could make from all the general DE excitement if I got my new DE army out before the Kickstarter. Assuming I knew my competition fairly well I'd either then not be worried because raging heroes are too small to trouble me or I'd be having a quiet word with chaps in the studio about how far away the new DE army is and whether it can possibly be less far away. But then I'm not a CEO, so what do I know? As I said, just idle speculation.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Brother-Captain

If they can match the quality of their figures with this concept art (and going by their existing range they can) then this will be a fun kickstarter to follow. Good quality figures at compatible scale and with decent pricing is what this hobby needs. GW need solid competition, because nothing else is going to halt the steady price creep we've been seeing with each release wave.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

I would really love to see them do lizardmen...

but I wanted to do DE before lizards but the sorry excuse of failcast war hydra pissed me off...The legs were too small for the body and required insane amounts of green stuff....

Battle-Brother

Don't forget the flimsy failcast bolt thrower that nearly fell to pieces in peoples hands.