BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ok. I've made an army list with the current models I have and what I can add if I where to buy a Battle Force and 2 Commissars

HQ1
    Company Command Squad (Plasma Pistol, Regimental Standard, Voxcaster, Plasma Gun)

will mostly be in the back giving orders but will have the fire power to deal with units dropping in or flanking (my opponents are used to do that)

TR1
    Platoon Command Squad (Voxcaster, Heavy Flamer)

same deal as the Company Command Squad

1st Infantry Squad (Commissar, Power Weapon, Grenade Launcher, Missile Launcher, Voxcaster)
    2nd Infantry Squad (Grenade Launcher, Missile Launcher, Voxcaster)

First blob with a commissar

3rd Infantry Squad (Commissar, Power Weapon, Plasmagun, Autocannon)
    4th Infantry Squad (Plasmagun, Autocannon)

Second blob with a commissar

Heavy Weapon Squad (Lascannons)

TR2
    Veteran Squad (Power Weapon, 3 Melta Guns, transport - Chimera)

Drive by guardsmen shooting

FA1
    2 Scout Sentinels (Autocannons)

Outflanking these

HS1
    Leman Russ Battle Tank (Plasma Cannons, Camo Netting)

Keeping in the back. Shooting. Side and backside will be protected by the command squads or proper placing.

FYI I'm not looking for a tournament list. I like fluffy lists who can pack a punch when necessary. I might proxy the Manticore for a couple of games to see if he's worth it. If not I might take another Leman Russ (the Executioner maybe).

Would love to get some feedback. Cheers!

Standards are next to useless in game terms, but do look cool. The lone chimera is easy bait for anyone, either drop it or get it more friends to roll with. The platoon command, I would load up with flamers, 4 templates is really a good way to deal with any attackers. Personally I don't like plasma guns on normal infantry squads as bs3 isn't reliable enough to hit to be worth the higher points cost, so I tend to use grenade launchers on mine. Vendettas are awesome tank hunters. I tend to run 2 manticores in my list, nothing scares people than dropping d3 str10 templates on their prize units, yes its only ap4 but then it is should only be aiming at troops if all the tanks are dead, which they should be after a hit by a manticore rocket.

The Regimental Standard has a nice reroll for friendly units who are failing checks or pinning tests I believe. The lone Chimera will be accompanied by allies. Blood Angels most likely.

Good point about the plasmaguns. I might switch them to grenade launchers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12