BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Rules for the destroyer tank hunter and knight commander Pask

I recently have come in to possession of a FW destroyer tank hunter but beyond it's entry in imperial armor Vol1 i haven't found any up to date rules , options or point costs .
    So wear do i have to go or in what book can i find a proper rule reference.

note . beyond some conflicting point cost entries am pretty clear on the laser destroyer's rules
    Range 72" str 10 ap 2 ordnance , roll to hit with the crews BS instead of scatter , if you hit, place large blast on target , a miss is a miss .

my second question is , can Pask command a destroyer ?
    Read as RAW i think it's a no , because it's not a Russ , Read as intended ? well i don't know , the Destroyer is a Russ chassis so maybe and Pask did score some serious kills in a Russ minus a turret he he.

so scratching pask , is there a way i can boost my Destroyer's BS to beyond a 50/50% hit chance ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    I recently have come in to possession of a FW destroyer tank hunter but beyond it's entry in imperial armor Vol1 i haven't found any up to date rules , options or point costs .
    So wear do i have to go or in what book can i find a proper rule reference.
    I would assume IA1 2nd edition.

note . beyond some conflicting point cost entries am pretty clear on the laser destroyer's rules
    Range 72" str 10 ap 2 ordnance , roll to hit with the crews BS instead of scatter , if you hit, place large blast on target , a miss is a miss .
    Ordnance has nothing to do with blast; hasn't since 4th edition. "Ordnance" means that when rolling for armor penetration you take the best of 2d6.

my second question is , can Pask command a destroyer ?
    Read as RAW i think it's a no , because it's not a Russ , Read as intended ? well i don't know , the Destroyer is a Russ chassis so maybe and Pask did score some serious kills in a Russ minus a turret he he.

so scratching pask , is there a way i can boost my Destroyer's BS to beyond a 50/50% hit chance ?
    I read the RAW as no as well, though I wouldn't have a problem with it personally. Otherwise, you could take some allied Elysian Drop Troops and thus acquire a Long Range Ground Scanner.
    Last edited by Nabterayl; 02-25-2013 at 07:58 PM.

Brother-Sergeant

hmmm after rereading both IA and the BIG book , you are entirely right , No big boom but at least i can slag Armor at long distances , may not be worth bringing to small games but for Apocalypse , Stompas are in trouble.