BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Chapter-Master

Interesting.

IMDB Says both.

An early draft of the script had a male Ripley, making this one of at least three films where Sigourney Weaver played a character originally planned to be a man. The second is The TV Set and the third is Vantage Point.
    All of the names of the main characters were changed by Walter Hill and David Giler during the revision of the original script by Dan O'Bannon and Ronald Shusett. The script by O'Bannon and Shusett also had a clause indicating that all of the characters are "unisex", meaning they could be cast with male or female actors. However, Shusett and O'Bannon never thought of casting Ripley as a female character.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Brother-Sergeant

@Eldargal

I remember that chick in Space marine, she was awesome. I'm a little uncertain though of what you think of the fact that her lines are gender neutral. I sort of go the impression some times you were saying "making a deal about her being a woman is bad" but other times it felt more "It would have been nice to point it out actually". What route do you think the writers should have taken?

I like that her lines were gender neutral, it is the perfect way of writing a strong female character in a combat environment.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Myu View Post
    @Eldargal

I remember that chick in Space marine, she was awesome. I'm a little uncertain though of what you think of the fact that her lines are gender neutral. I sort of go the impression some times you were saying "making a deal about her being a woman is bad" but other times it felt more "It would have been nice to point it out actually". What route do you think the writers should have taken?
    Funny enough the second they showed her i thought a chaos marine would pop up and shank her.......
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Thankfully they avoided that cliche.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Thankfully they avoided that cliche.
    Wait for a squeal lol
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Brother-Sergeant

@White Tiger88

Hopefully the sequal won't have that :S

@Eldargal

Cool . What would be good then for a non-combat environment? What would one put in to make her obviously feminine while not being a stereotype or sexist?

I know clothes/shopping/beauty stuff is the trope but statistically how common that is or whether you could put it in without offending most girls I have no idea. There are many different kind of girls out there, with may different interests but what would most people accept as generally feminine to do/say/act like?

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011