BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: Tread Thread

Default Tread Thread

I've never been a big fan of the Leman Russ and have recently been playing around with scratching up my own version of it to outfit my army with. Mostly I'm looking to give it some kind of suspension system along with a turret of slightly less tiny proportions.

I also play world of tanks, which has exposed me to a lot of vehicles that I otherwise wouldn't have known about, and this one in particular caught my eye:

It's the ARL 44, a post-war French heavy tank that was obsolescent as soon as it was introduced (although features that it has over the Leman Russ include a working suspension system, an adequately sized turret, more sloped armour...).

But mainly the tank looks like something the Imperial Guard could roll around in, and I wanted something similar in my army. So I set to work on the task...

...very slowly. But here's what I've done up to now:

Currently I'm working on getting the tracks and suspension 3D printed to save myself a huge amount of irritation and work, and I'm hoping to have the results to show within the next couple of weeks.

And finally a render I did, just for an idea of what I'm aiming for:

Im going to watch this, im quite interested in how this will turn out