BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Default The Blood of Tau

What color would a Fire Warriors blood be? Red like humans? Curious for painting a decapitated Tau model.

They've got red blood in Dawn of War ... not sure about Fire Warrior.

Veteran-Sergeant

Just paint it goblin green!
    No this world is theirs!

Chaplain

isn't it blue b/c they have cobalt in their blood rather than iron (humans) or chlorophyll (orks).
    I reject your reality and replace it with my own.

It depends on if the have red bloodclots and all that human thing PLUS the cobalt.
    If that is so, then the colour should be purpleish.

Red plus blue = purple

Brother-Captain

Since in our culture, gore and ick! factor are associated with blood being red, if you are looking to model a figure that gives a feeling of being bloody to the casual viewer, you would want to use red (which is why many older bloody ork models from GW are always Red blooded, not green even though fluff may indicate this). If you want fluff accurate models, then I think the cobalt is the way to go (not positive since it's been a long while since I've read the Tau information).

John M>

Banned

That guy is dead on, red means dead. However, I have to support the other guy and say go with purple. Just take care to very specifically show that it is coming out of a wound.

Brother-Sergeant

Thanks, I was thinking red on a modeling stand point. But want to stay accurate. Maybe a little purple with some red influence. Whatever will be more appealing to the eye.

Chaplain

You do have to remember that the colour of skin is determined by that of the blood flowing through their veins.

We have red blood, so we're pinkish.
    Orks have dark green blood so they're green.
    Tau have ??? blood so they're blue-grey.

[URL="http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Tau#Tau_Society_and_Physiology"]http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Tau#Tau_Society_and_Physiology[/URL]

Apparently, according to the above link, their blood is actually bluish purple. The cobalt instead of iron thing is correct.

So I'd highly recommend ditching red and replace it with blue along with the purple.
    You think running with scissors is dangerous? Try sky diving with them!

Brother-Captain

Could compromise and do a rather pinkish purple, it'll still give the 'blood' impression. Give me a few hours, I'll go look up what colour nematodes' blood goes on contact with oxygen, I know some of them have blue and some purple blood...
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast