BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3 weeks down

First-Captain

Wtg Dark! Keep it up, amigo. You've earned this.

First-Captain

Heh, I think you might have managed more sleep than me in the last three or so weeks.

Of course, I don't have OCS, I have CNS...

Daemon-Prince

Don't bend over in the shower!!!!!!
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by White Tiger88 View Post
    Don't bend over in the shower!!!!!!

That's prison, not the USMC... Still I suppose they are part of the Navy hur hur
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Chapter-Master

Finally found a computer at my hotel on libo. Here's a link to the photos of our company: [URL]https://www.trngcmd.usmc.mil/OCS/Pages/OCC-212.aspx[/URL]

I'm in a few, but there aren't any good ones of me. These are the closest, and it's of my back and of my squad launching the 800 meter run on the CFT, respectively.

Unfortunately, I have firewatch in an hour and a half or so, so I need to take off. There are some pretty cool pictures, though a lot of them are kinda crappy. The photographer tends to take a lot of pictures of the same people.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    That's prison, not the USMC... Still I suppose they are part of the Navy hur hur
    We don't so much shower as jump in and out of the cold water as fast as we can. We're lucky to have not-cold water. Actual warm water is a special day.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    We don't so much shower as jump in and out of the cold water as fast as we can. We're lucky to have not-cold water. Actual warm water is a special day.
    Ok don't stand up to fast then.....? (give me some time to figure out how to rephrase don't drop the amo er....Soap)
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Chapter-Master

Good news and bad news. The good news is that aside from our final academic test and final pft, I've passed everything. I even got a good score on SULE II, the culminating event of ocs (hike 9 miles with a heavy pack at a good pace, then spend literally the rest of the day doing tactical exercises with your squad, and everyone takes a turn leading, for maybe 20 miles of hiking/buddy rushing).

The bad news is that's couple of my squad members accused me of integrity violations I didn't commit in our anonymous peer evals. The staff has latched onto that and has twisted everything else I've done to try and drop me for "a lack of character". So now I need to figure out what to do. If I can find more time, I'll try and fill in more details, but this pretty much came out of the blue and after such a negative experience it puts a lot of questions in the back of my mind.

On a brighter note, we ran our final e course and colonel stillings himself told me "keep pushing, you're almost there candidate". I definitely ran faster. At least until I hit the mud and waist deep water, then it's all you can do just to not trip.

Librarian

Personally I think the people who accused you of "integrity violations" are just jealous of you otherwise why would they say that?
    "Let them come. We shall smite them down where they stand" Warsmith Vorax of the 15th Grand Battalion.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzybubela View Post
    Personally I think the people who accused you of "integrity violations" are just jealous of you otherwise why would they say that?
    My guess would be to knock Dark off the ranking to make their own chances better.

That being said--what kind of lame assed idea is it to have anonymous peer evals.

It's OCS for the frikkin Marine Corps. Honor. Integrity. Officer and a goddammned Gentleman. Man up and speak your grievances face to face. If you can't manage that, how the hell do you expect not only to earn the trust of the men serving under you, but also exhibit the guts to speak your mind, and have the emotional wherewithal to accept, process, and handle criticism.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast