BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

First of all a massive thank you to all of you for your comments!

For all those that like the dirty weathered look of the army the inspiration was from this fantastic piece by kingmong.

[url]http://kingmong.deviantart.com/art/THE-EMPEROR-S-FINEST-98944998[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by trjames View Post
    I think they're wonderful. Would you be willing to give away your painting technique? I'd love more information on both the yellow color, and the weathering.

Best,
    Tom
    Sure thing Tom.

To get to where the army is at the moment I did the following;

Undercoat with a Chaos Black spray.
    Apply two watered down coats of Iyanden Darksun
    Mix up a Black and Scorched Brown wash. Apply the wash to small areas and then with a clean brush take away some of the wash to create the streaked effect.

However this is just the first part. The plan is to bring the army upto this standard, paint all the details and then really set about tackling the yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by zanzibarthefirst View Post
    my i ask how pre-heresy IMperial Fists ia any different to post heresy?
    They don't differ much, unlike some of the other legions who have a wildly different colour scheme.

If you look closely at tactical squads you will notice alot of the old armour Mk's. You will also find a few Templar cross's and there are no Imperial Eagles until I come to the jetbikes.

The vehicles arn't really Pre Heresy at the moment but I am working on changing that shortly.

What you see here is just the first 1000 points later I will be adding,

Fellsword.
    landspeeders.
    Jet Bikes.
    Sabre Tank Hunter.
    Storm Tank.
    Terminators.
    Primarch Honour Guard.

So expect it to look alot more "Pre heresy" by the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Consadine View Post
    I do like what I see. Especially the yellow on the chaplain.

Is it possible to get a closeup of the unpainted Dorm/Whatshisname figure in the center of the first picture? My interest is piqued!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieranator K82 View Post
    Hear hear! I like the look of that guy, based on the Captain Sicarius body but converted in such a way it doesn't seem so.

KUDOS TO YOU SIR!
    Here is the closeups of my converted Sicarius model for your viewing pleasure.

He is the Legion Champion, the first member of my Primarch Honour Guard Squad. I just have to make the others look as nice as him!

Thanks again.

Love the champion and can't wait for the rest of the army!

Veteran-Sergeant

Thanks Portal Lord,

Here are some more closeups.

The Assault Squad to go with the Chaplain which will eventually be 10 men strong.

The Heavy Support.

The Dozer Blades on all three Vehicles are magnestised aswell as the heavy bolter sponsons and autocannon turrets on the two Predators so I can swap them for Lascannon turrets;

I've yet to make the Lascannon sponsons for them but I can't see myself ever using them apart from a Apocalypse game.

The Vindicator is going through a heavy conversion at the moment to make it into a Sabre Tank Hunter so expect some pictures of that soon.

Thanks
    Last edited by shaw3029; 10-30-2009 at 12:04 PM.

Just noticed the Storm Tank on your "to do" list. Would this be the Perturabo Storm Tank from the Tempus Fugitives Age of the Emperor rules. If so them I would love to see how you will go about building it as I am thinking of making one too.
    “The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time.” - Lorgar, Primarch of the Word Bearers

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Portal-Lord View Post
    Just noticed the Storm Tank on your "to do" list. Would this be the Perturabo Storm Tank from the Tempus Fugitives Age of the Emperor rules. If so them I would love to see how you will go about building it as I am thinking of making one too.
    Thats the one! I started it the other day actually.

I plan to turn this;

A Rogue Trader Land Raider (which I was kindly given by a mate of mine) into this,

A (lets not mention the Perturabo part) Storm Tank! Heres how it currently looks after a little fairy power spray and some careful working apart.

I just need to find a few parts for it.

I plan to use the Basilisk cannon (If anyone has one spare please send me a PM) combined with some plastic tubing for the Rotary lascannon. I just need to think of somthing for the top hatch and either make the track coverings or get hold of some Chimera ones.

Thanks again.

Excellent, can't wait to see WIPs of it.
    For mine I was thinking of using reversed Leman Russ tracks and the hull build up from a Vindicator front and left over LR parts, as well as a Land Raider power plant on the back.
    For the Rotary Lascannon I have lots of lascannons left over from some Imperial Guard so i'll fuse 3 together and add some banding around them.
    That is the theory anyway.........
    “The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time.” - Lorgar, Primarch of the Word Bearers

Veteran-Sergeant

Sounds good to me, Make sure you post some pictures of it.

Here are several more closeups.

Dreadnought. With fully magnetised joints.

And a lil somthing else I've been working on...

The FellSword is currently sitting on my desk waiting for some yellow.

This is going to be a breathtaking army! I cant wait to see it completed and laid out together!!!

Veteran-Sergeant

Thanks very much Mephiston.

I converted my Vindicator into a Sabre Tank Hunter.

And If I need it to be a Vindicator again I can always take the magnetised barrel off.

Thanks

That's a pretty nifty Sabre conversion.

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast