BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    First-Captain

yeah sure mistakes can happen - but they do seem to do so awfully often when GW is involved... and when they do happen it takes GW ages to put out an FAQ, which more often than not completely fails to address most issues that concern the community (like the fact that it took them half a year to clarify that a Doom Scythe's Death Ray can't hit fliers... amusingly (or sadly... depends...) a few days before the FAQ came out I was putting that very question to a staff member in my local GW store - and he said they could... shows you just how good GW writes their rules...
    Not that Privateer Press products are without their amusing little failures, especially the translations to german are golden... "Suppressing Fire" becomes "Spear Fire" by just changing Sperrfeuer to Speerfeuer - that one has almost become a classic among german players of various systems and games because it just happens so awfully often... one should think some company or other would learn...

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    It tells me that they don't have people on staff to proof-read the translations.
    Its sad but its true... because of this I am always ordering all rulebooks and codices in English for the past years, because the writting errors and especially the errors in the rules themself, due to wrong translation, were simply unbearable for me. In fact the "new" FAQs are just dealing with German specific errors and updating the FAQs with the info already released in English in February.

Chaplain

To put one thing on top: The CSM Codex has an error in the uk-version, wich was correct in the german (an other european) version. The point-value of the Dread ... erm ... hellthingy
    Peace through superior Firepower!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12