BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default 2000 The Lost Chicken [Chaos Daemons]

It might not be fluffy, or fun to play, or enjoyable for either party, but Chaos Daemons have quite a bit of flexibility. Just by looking at the codex, I can see some craziness arise.

Mainly these combinations:
    • A Lord of Change with Divination is probably the strongest of the GD choices. Divination in general is just really strong. The GUO with Lv.3 Biomancy is also a fair contender.
    • Taking Heralds of Nurgle with FNP, with AP2 weapons.
    • Troops should all be PBs with the Heralds, to sit in cover and take points, as well as being the most resilient of all the choices.
    • Take 3 Nurgle Soulgrinders with Phlegm to sit in Ruins and crap on everyone with 2+ cover and 36" S8 AP3 Ord Large Blasts.
    • Fill in the rest with Plague Riders, Beasts, Seekers or Screamers. Honestly, you can pretty much freestyle at this point.

So what does this mean? It means it's a really good time to be Nurgle.

The Plague Riders are great units, so are the Beasts. With access to some kind of Divination in the army, the power level of just magnified to ridiculous amounts. Unfortunately, you will not see me making any of these lists!

Here's a sample of what an optimized, competitive army would look like:

HQ:
    Lv.3 Lord of Change = 305
    Divination, 2 Greater Gifts, 1 Lesser

Herald of Nurgle = 75
    Greater Locus, Lesser Gift

Herald of Nurgle = 75
    Greater Locus, Lesser Gift

TROOP:
    20x Plaguebearers = 225
    Champ/Lesser Gift, Plague Banner, Instrument

20x Plaguebearers = 225
    Champ/Lesser Gift, Plague Banner, Instrument

10x Plaguebearers = 105
    Champ, Instrument

10x Plaguebearers = 95
    Champ

FAST ATTACK:
    7x Plague Drones = 354
    Champ/Lesser Gift, Rot Proboscis, Instrument

HEAVY:
    Soul Grinder = 180
    Daemon of Nurgle, Phlegm Bombardment

Soul Grinder = 180

Soul Grinder = 180
    Relatively static/reactionary army that hugs cover and shoots until the opportunity arises.
    The Chicken helps buff the rest of the army with Divination spells, providing Prescience, Misfortune, Precognition...etc, as well as wacking people with his S8 Concussive Staff of explosions!

You know what's great? You can switch out the chicken, plop in a Lv.3 GUO with Biomancy, 2 Greater Gifts/1 Lesser for 290 and make the entire force pure Nurgle.
    Change some unit sizes around for 14x (7x Nurgle #s) and you have yourself a "fluffy" list as well.

This list just brings the pain.
    Last edited by HERO; 03-06-2013 at 07:16 PM.
    HERO's Gaming Blog

Librarian

an interesting list! I am working on Nurgle - Tzeentch combo force myself at the moment. Just checking, do you have a blog i can follow?
    ALShrive; found somewhere between fact and breakfast.
    Horseman of the Derailment

Brother-Sergeant

For a little added flexibility you could add an icon to the Drones in the case of say The Relic where you want to move your troops up faster.

Quote Originally Posted by alshrive View Post
    an interesting list! I am working on Nurgle - Tzeentch combo force myself at the moment. Just checking, do you have a blog i can follow?
    Check my sig

My list looks nothing like this though, I'm running a non-competitive themed, Slaanesh/Tz army No rival gods allowed.
    HERO's Gaming Blog

Librarian

one issue HERO. your signature is just text. no links allowed in there, so actually you just have a sentence saying "HERO's Gaming Blog". while an interesting sig, doesn't actually get me there....
    ALShrive; found somewhere between fact and breakfast.
    Horseman of the Derailment

Quote Originally Posted by alshrive View Post
    one issue HERO. your signature is just text. no links allowed in there, so actually you just have a sentence saying "HERO's Gaming Blog". while an interesting sig, doesn't actually get me there....
    [url]http://lmgtfy.com/?q=HERO%27s+Gaming+Blog[/url]
    HERO's Gaming Blog

Scout

List looks good, but i'm not sure about av14. Soul grinders need 6 to glance, and nurgle can glance anything to death in combat but plaguebeares can't reach anything with SaP.

Anyhing else will just blow up under 3x Phlegm that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Miko View Post
    List looks good, but i'm not sure about av14. Soul grinders need 6 to glance, and nurgle can glance anything to death in combat but plaguebeares can't reach anything with SaP.

Anyhing else will just blow up under 3x Phlegm that's for sure.
    ???? PBs charge 6+7 for 13" of threat + glances on 6s.

Then you have the Lord of Change, who can just tear the thing asunder with S8.
    HERO's Gaming Blog

Battle-Brother

liking that but might adapt it to have a flying DP in there aswell