BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: Airbrush Advice

Default Airbrush Advice

I just received my badger krome, tc20-t compressor, "airbrush booth", 10ft hose and iwata "cleaning station".
    I have never touched an airbrush in my life and I can feel a tingling in my toes when I look at it. I'm following the directions and putting stuff together and I'm noticing that the instruction booklets are vague at best, machine code at worst. Any tips from some of you vets that will save me from royally screwing up this expensive stuff?

Bonus question: I got this thread seal tape, how do I use it and how much do I use?
    Thanks in advance guys!

Watch the video - Airbush 101

[URL="http://wild-chevy.blogspot.com/2012/10/airbrush-101.html"]http://wild-chevy.blogspot.com/2012/10/airbrush-101.html[/URL]

Hosted by Badger Airbrushes
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ T. Pratchett

I am by no means a vet when it comes to airbrushing but the best advice I can give is go over instructions as best as possible and pay close attention to the assembly diagram (hopefully there is one). Then, take it apart and assemble it again a couple of times before you actually use it. This helps when cleaning it.

Keep a bottle of water (preferably with a small spout or nozzle) to fill the paint area every so often. I find this keeps things wet and the clogging down too.

As for the seal tape, usually rap that around 3 or 4 times. you want a tight fit so no air leaks out. Worst case, when you fire up the compressor air will come out and you will just have to do it again.

Last thing. Start with some old models, scenery or blank paper before you start the real thing.
    My 40k Blog: www.warpminds.com

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCraft View Post
    As for the seal tape, usually rap that around 3 or 4 times. you want a tight fit so no air leaks out. Worst case, when you fire up the compressor air will come out and you will just have to do it again.
    You see I have never had the need for thread tape, badger's airbrush seals are supurb in my experience and I have had no issues. Did I just get lucky or something?

Watch the video on badger airbrushes, he gives you some really good tips on how to care for and use your airbrush.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

really just connect the hose to your airbrush and compressor (you just cant get it wrong and the thing wont blow up in your face) and get some paper and start spraying

Congratz on the set by the way