BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Chapter-Master

lol true. I do like the details of the piece, the pose just made me laugh. I look forward to reading the book anyway.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

No, he is screaming 'HOOOORUSSSS!!!!!' while the camera pans out

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    I think you mean delightfully cliche. The only thing that could make it better is a half naked woman clutching his leg.
    Well, it would improve the awfully generic space marine with a primach cover...

Quote Originally Posted by dirheim View Post
    Not Khhhhhhhhhhhhhharn? they may have been fighting world eaters...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by dirheim View Post
    He is crying "NO!" a la Calculon
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Why is the dead space marine's leg on top of Vulkan's leg? If he had been carrying it, then why put its leg on his? And why suddenly stop to scream at the sky?

Surely the corpse's legs would have both been on the floor. Unless it had been flying through the air and has just hit Vulkan?

Maybe Vulkan got drunk at the Pre Istvaan party, and has just woken up to see who he was lying next to.

Occuli Imperator

Or he was carying him and as he expired he drops to one knee and shouts to the sky?
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Or he was carying him and as he expired he drops to one knee and shouts to the sky?
    Why would you drop someone you ware carrying onto your knee, why not place them down gently? Vulkan was one of the more caring Primarchs.

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Xenith View Post
    Why would you drop someone you ware carrying onto your knee, why not place them down gently? Vulkan was one of the more caring Primarchs.
    Cramp? Arthritis? Over come with grief?

Chapter-Master

Dodgy back?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Xenith View Post
    Why is the dead space marine's leg on top of Vulkan's leg? If he had been carrying it, then why put its leg on his? And why suddenly stop to scream at the sky?

Surely the corpse's legs would have both been on the floor. Unless it had been flying through the air and has just hit Vulkan?

Maybe Vulkan got drunk at the Pre Istvaan party, and has just woken up to see who he was lying next to.
    Yeahhhh.... coupled with the fact that the two are in isolation in the portrait without any other sense of scale present, it really looks like an adult cradling a child that just fell out of a tree. I love the Primarchs being giants among Giants, but I think that this may have taken it too far; else the pose just throws off the wrong effect.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123