BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Librarian

Default just double checking.

I know how stupid this sounds but i just want to make sure there is no loophole im missing. Slayers, daemon/ dragon can NOT take armour rune because they have no armour? This is just to solve a disagreement i had with someone who really should be shot for his pettyness.
    Thank you for clearing up what is a stupid question that should never have happened.
    I didn't do it. You can't prove i did it. Ok I'm sorry send me the bill.

Chapter-Master

I would have thought the obvious answer is 'of course not', but I don't have the dwarf book so I can't say for definite. There is nothing about it in the FAQ, which is now on version 1.5, so I would have thought they would have mentioned it by now if it was a common bone of contention.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Correct, for two reasons...

1. In the Daemon/Dragon slayer army list entry it says quite clearly they only get weapon runes.
    2. Runes modify the mundane version of an item. Don't have the mundane version? Then they can't take a rune that affects that specific piece of mundane equipment.
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Chronowraith View Post
    Correct, for two reasons...

1. In the Daemon/Dragon slayer army list entry it says quite clearly they only get weapon runes.
    2. Runes modify the mundane version of an item. Don't have the mundane version? Then they can't take a rune that affects that specific piece of mundane equipment.
    thank you i win boom. im not petty honest.
    I didn't do it. You can't prove i did it. Ok I'm sorry send me the bill.