BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 68 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

The only reason for getting rid of kits is if they are removing units from the books. Or because they are being replaced with shiny new kits (possibly on round bases).
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

New game, new books. There's no specific list of units. Could be just stuff like Orc Warboss on Wyvern or Vampire Counts Blood Knights, two expensive boxed sets that sit perpetually on the shelf (and the only person to buy one locally was the GW manager with his discount), using "Finecast" rather than plastic. Stuff like that being taken out of the line? Totally makes sense.

Other stuff might be replaced with newer versions, like how pretty much the entire Dark Eldar line was replaced (do you want to tell me how that was two hundred years ago so it doesn't count?). So if someone wants the current kit, they should buy it now.

And sure, GW could just be spreading rumors to drive up impulse sales for their financials, too.

Veteran-Sergeant

Harry's actually just strongly hinted that all current army books are being withdrawn. So yeah, old army books are worthless, essentially.

Also, Atia's about as reliable as they come so if she says products are going, products are going.
    "Kill them, my children, but make it slow..."

I want to note that I'm not saying I'm 100% buying "X army will be gone for good," just that I completely understand the idea of some of the product line being phased out, especially as it moves in a new direction.

Fly Lord

WFB Age of Sigmar - MAJOR PRODUCT CHANGES Coming:

via [URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?409361-Warhammer-9th-Rumor-Discussion-Mk-III/page23"]Harry[/URL] on Warseer 6-3-2015
    yeah .... about the army books .... there is some good news and some bad news. The good news is ..... OK .... actually ... there is no good news.
    ...I have been trying to describe a "full on reboot" for months ... or is it years now.
    ...You are still assuming there will be army books as you know them.
    ...I would not be surprised if it was one book ... or two books one for the good guys and one for the bad guys or one for the good guys one for the bad guys and some sort of additional book for the four factions.
    via [URL="http://raffazza.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/times-changin-get-ready-for-age-of.html"]RaffazzaTime[/URL] 6-3-2015

The first big date: June 6th

What's happening:
    Stores have been told to remove the following from their shelves:

Island of Blood
    Warhammer Rulebook
    All WFB Army Books
    All WFB End Times Books
    All WFB Campaign Books/Boxes
    All magic cards
    Movement trays
    Templates
    Deathknell watch

No models or Black Library novels will be affected

Age of Sigmar preorders: 4th July
    Age of Sigmar release: 11th July
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master

no models will be affected.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Well......blimey.

Though this may help sort my storage issues....I'm running out of room in the tiny flat of tininess at a great rate of knots.

Will probs still keep them though. I like those books.

What's the betting we get good/bad for starters, with additional race/nation specific books after?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Models are all i care about as I still want to buy more of the tomb kings sphinx and snake models and the recent spirit host kit, couldn't care less about anything else though.

Really curious to see what new WHF models are like and if there is a new style or visual chance to them (I am hoping so)
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Hope I can find some of the army books on the second-hand market (probably more likely once they're no longer used in the game). I'd like to have them all on my shelf, but can't drop the money needed to get the ones I don't already have right now, especially if I get the new Space Marine book.

Not sure I like the idea of a "full reboot" that also sees movement trays disappearing. And I think "templates" might mean the WFB counters/etc. set? WFB uses the same templates as 40K, so no need to yank those, and I doubt they'll change that.

Chaplain

Got back from my local GW and the black shirt informed me about an announcement concerning Warhammer Fantasy coming this Saturday (6th June). Also he was told to confirm that no models are to be removed from the fantasy line when 9th edition hits, despite rumours about shedding some of the older kits and units.

Take it with a grain of salt but I believe him over most of the rumours here.

EDIT: on a separate note he has also been asked to send back all his Leadbelcher paint so starting Monday, there will be no Leadbelcher
    Step forth and be recognized.
    No mercy. No pity. No hope.