BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 41 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Photos that they're already touching up, it might seem okay, though it was bugging me in those even before I saw the close-ups. And from three feet away, some of us will still notice it and be seriously bothered by it. I've seen better painting from people who are just starting to actually paint at the local GW. It might not be as "crisp" but it doesn't look ridiculous. I've only seen one person use harsh edge highlights like that to decent effect, and he has a lot more subtle blending in his army. (And he's another one whose hand steadiness I'm jealous of, he managed to hand-paint a ridiculously gorgeous banner for his High Elves.)

I really can't tell if I like the Bloodthirster or not because of that paint job. Ditto for the new infantry. Granted, there's also a couple of issues with their sculpting that isn't paint-related (like how the chains all seem to be oddly shaped links or even completely solid links), I'm not sure if those are a problem with the computer design or their casting process. (If they're going to go cheap on the casting process to save money, we shouldn't be seeing plastic models over $100.)
    welp when i paint up mine ill show ya. i'm pretty good .

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Citadel View Post
    Hate to be a bugger, but Fantasy 9th will be round bases. Once you get over the shock, it will make more sense when you see it. Don't base your new Fantasy minis quite yet, it may be time to wait and see lads!
    Sounds like you have some info that goes contrary to all the rumor sources that have said there won't be round bases.

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post
    Sounds like you have some info that goes contrary to all the rumor sources that have said there won't be round bases.
    He is quite right, round it will be.

If it's true, I wouldn't be surprised if GW sell movement trays with round spots for round bases so you can still rank them up into regiments for larger scale battles
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Yet again, reliable rumour mongers saying only witnessed play testing of round bases, and that it appeared it may be a game that sits alongside the current rules set.

Seriously. Go have a read of this thread's first page - the number of rumours already shot down is kind of amusing. Especially the 'Little Birds'
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Citadel View Post
    Hate to be a bugger, but Fantasy 9th will be round bases. Once you get over the shock, it will make more sense when you see it. Don't base your new Fantasy minis quite yet, it may be time to wait and see lads!
    Yeeeeaaaaah... Except I'd like to actually play with my figures. And I doubt square bases will be that big an issue, since I've already got a bunch of Daemons on square bases that people are okay with me using in 40K.

"Don't base your models" is basically like saying "Don't build your models," because many of the models - especially newer ones - need to be attached to a base to have stability (which also makes it a pain to play with them while painting them).

It would be nice to have something other than rumors. But hey, that's what you would expect from a company that gives a damn about its customers.
    Last edited by Erik Setzer; 03-25-2015 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    "Don't base your models" is basically like saying "Don't build your models," because many of the models - especially newer ones - need to be attached to a base to have stability (which also makes it a paint to play with them while painting them).
    I would instead say "don't buy your models," if you believe the round-base thing really will happen. If it does, they'll get reboxed with round bases and you won't have to buy them separately at extra cost.

The dude has 10 posts and everyone instantly believes him, i like it.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    I would instead say "don't buy your models," if you believe the round-base thing really will happen. If it does, they'll get reboxed with round bases and you won't have to buy them separately at extra cost.
    I am not really worried about new models needing new round bases. I'm more worried about the 150+ models I have for fantasy fully painted with square bases. That's going cost a pretty penny to do.
    It's like killing two hobbits with one stone...
    And remember, there is no "I" in team but there is a "ME".

Except the rumour is clearly bollocks, and has been largely bollocksed by Harry.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 41 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast