BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 60 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast

Another week goes by without GW even acknowledging that warhammer exists. It's a poor way to manage change in anyone's books.

Chapter-Master

What I'm basically getting is a whole bunch of contradictory rumours which basically means no one has a bloody clue what GW is doing with 9th. Which I suspect is exactly the way GW wants things to be. Let the rumour mill whip up a frenzy and leave people desperate to find out and more than willing to fling money at the new rules when they do release them.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

I still say think inclusion rather than restrictions for the new launch. GW are about trying to sell more figures and will be doing this by making restrictions a thing of the past...pick your fav figures and that's your army ! Look at archaon rules for pointers ! Just wish they would get the hell on with it, they can't be selling anything at the mo !

Chapter-Master

yeah I do think this mega faction things might be real purely for that reason, if Warhammer needs a sales boost, allow people to take armies made of up whatever they want. would certainly tempt me to do a combined Empire, Dwarf, and Bretonnia army
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

it is a bit daft when you think about it, a kid walks into GW and says he wants to collect a warhammer army...and the first thing the staff do is make him choose which race, which immediately rules out 90% of what's on the shelf. He is then advised not to get that cool rare choice monster, or special choice cavalry but to go for a box of rather boring core troops...it does make much more sense to be able to take what you want...see the staff turn up with blood thirster armies !

i for one am thrilled with "combined" armys but it does take away from your "special snowflake" syndrom people can have. i like using niche models but i would give up anything warhammer related to be done with finecast... thats what the new stuff will be, plastic and high quality like end times.

- dont even have to tell anyone else how useless large monsters are like dragons in the current game (cannons anyone?) so im even more excited to field a non gimicy dragon type and not assume its going to be 1hit and a giant waste

looking forward to it

I've never been that bothers by Cannons shooting my big Monsters. They've always been effective in that way, yet (not yourself) the way some go on, you'd think it was a recent phenomena. It's far from guaranteed a single cannon shot will hit the Dragon, let alone slay it outright. Spesh as given End Times, the flappygribbly now benefits from any invulnerable save its rider might have.

I'm still far from convinced anything is getting dropped, but I do see the wide groupings introduced in End Times sticking around as an additional way to field stuff. But dropping stuff with existing models? What's the point in that?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

I don't like the combined profile from the end times. I can see the advantages, but it means for example that Deathclaw's attacks benefit from Ghal Maraz' special rules...

I think I prefer it overall. The rider/monster thing just meant you had to buy the rider really good armour, because otherwise they became a liability.

Benefits to both of course, and drawbacks and all. But on balance, combined profile is my preference.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

assuming that combined profiles are now what will happen going forward, rather than an End Times badass thing