BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 61 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast

True that.

Could stay as End Times only concepts, if only because it would be weird with variances between armies as the books get updated.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    I don't like the combined profile from the end times. I can see the advantages, but it means for example that Deathclaw's attacks benefit from Ghal Maraz' special rules...
    its your perception of how its working that imo is wrong. it isnt that deathclaw is doing 6 attacks that are ghal maraz enhanced but that the entire model is worth x amount of attacks. its easier to balance/less clunky. rules are a representation of a models strength and isnt that much easier to balance?

Chapter-Master

no, I know what it is. it is Franz' attacks and Deathclaw's attacks combined, along with wounds, toughness, and everything else. I just don't like the fact that the monster in each instance gets the benefit of the rider's magic weapon.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    no, I know what it is. it is Franz' attacks and Deathclaw's attacks combined, along with wounds, toughness, and everything else. I just don't like the fact that the monster in each instance gets the benefit of the rider's magic weapon.
    just think of it as combat power.... a model together has x power. i doubt fluff wise (thats the problem right?) its that deathclaw is uses the weapon... how nitpicky can you be lol

the rider/mount mechanic is really really dumb

The combined profile helped simplify the game, which is one issue people had, and also makes monstrous mounts seem more like a useful option to people, as you don't have to worry about the monster being shot out from under the rider, or vice versa. Neither becomes a liability at that point. And you can have monster-riding lieutenants like the Mortarchs that are more powerful because of it, especially spellcasters like Arkhan, whose combat ability is otherwise laughable.

The thing is End Times was never supposed to be a stand alone event, it's was set out as an evolution of warhammer. With this in mind is does make predicting what's coming next a little more straight forward.
    In terms of figure ranges, I feel sure some will go...the elves for example are a very different race now so the range will have to reflect this at some point, I have already seen evidence of dark elf corsairs being reduced to clear in ID stockists, as an example .

Or they're being reboxed to include round bases alongside the square ones.

Or reboxed to come in units of 20.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I don't think it's that. All the kits will have round base at some point but the only ones being sold off through the stockists in my area are dark elms, liars and ogres. Knowing what we do about the fluff I think it's too big a coincidence.
    Also, it's not just about making profit on moulds already made, it's also about space in the stores and the cost of production v return on invested capital. I see boxs in my GW store that have been there for ever...faded buty the sun they are !
    Who knows what's a foot, but I bet we see a figure range more reflective of post end times warhammer,

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan66 View Post
    I don't think it's that. All the kits will have round base at some point but the only ones being sold off through the stockists in my area are dark elms, liars and ogres. Knowing what we do about the fluff I think it's too big a coincidence.
    Also, it's not just about making profit on moulds already made, it's also about space in the stores and the cost of production v return on invested capital. I see boxs in my GW store that have been there for ever...faded buty the sun they are !
    Who knows what's a foot, but I bet we see a figure range more reflective of post end times warhammer,
    Making profit off existing plastic moulds is a valid thought but at some point even this can be irrelevant. What if you 'knew' that you would make 90%+ of a products lifecycle sales in the first production run? Why would you keep warehousing and allocating resources to it. If something changes in the future you can always do a reissue like they did with Space Hulk. It's not like the moulds go away if you simply shelf them.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

I was clearly under the influence of strong ale when I wrote that last post ! Sorry,